• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have some awesome news!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
I don't want to jinx it, but I think Grim is little better! :D :love:
I said I'd give it a week to see if the medicine works and I think it has just enough to keep him comfortable. I don't know how much extra time it will give him before he gets worse again, but I will cherish all the time we have. He was actually lying down this morning! He hasn't been comfortable enough to do that for over a week. I went to work with a huge smile on my face. :D

Thank you to everyone who has thought about him and replied to my messages and PMs.

:love: What did the vets say when they saw him last week ?

I didn't take him in. I just didn't want to move him let alone do a an almost six hour round trip on public transport. :(

But I spoke to them when I took Smoo (they've seen him so much and know exactly what's going on with him) and I said I thought it was almost his time. I took home some more antibiotics and the vet advised that it would be unfair to let him carry on if they didn't have any effect. I didn't think he'd be with me at the end of this week. I've been struggling with it all emotionally. But he has started to pick up. Tiny bit by tiny bit. His breathing is still a bit raspy, but it's not 'wet' if that makes sense? And he's just happier, I can tell by how he's holding his body. I just hope he continues to improve. I can't believe that rabbit, he's amazing, a real inspiration.

I didn't take him in. I just didn't want to move him let alone do a an almost six hour round trip on public transport. :(

But I spoke to them when I took Smoo (they've seen him so much and know exactly what's going on with him) and I said I thought it was almost his time. I took home some more antibiotics and the vet advised that it would be unfair to let him carry on if they didn't have any effect. I didn't think he'd be with me at the end of this week. I've been struggling with it all emotionally. But he has started to pick up. Tiny bit by tiny bit. His breathing is still a bit raspy, but it's not 'wet' if that makes sense? And he's just happier, I can tell by how he's holding his body. I just hope he continues to improve. I can't believe that rabbit, he's amazing, a real inspiration.

Great news.

I think sometimes they just need a literal extra help, they can really be fighters when they have happy lives and wish to go on.

I don't blame you. Six hours is a long time. :( 30 minutes round trip for Cutie-pie is too much.

Grim is amazing and hope all that stuff from his nose also helped. I can imagine its very stressful for you.

Grim is indeed an inspiration as too is his mummy for her dedication and support.

Back