• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What kind of shed did you go for?

Im a new bunny mama and have read lots of posts where rabbit owners have bought sheds for their rabbits? Im not sure where to start? Does the shed need to have windows and a run attached?
Can anybody post links of where they bought their sheds from? or pics of their shed set up? Thankyou in advance!
Kayla xx

:wave:

Tongue and groove, 6 x 4 is what I have at the moment :) My dad isn't far off finishing it :D

This is the one I have, the cheapest I could find for that quality! My dad is very impressed with the whole thing :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261099575345?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I haven't put the updated pics on (I'll do that later) but this is the general size;

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?359153-Shed-is-up!

I am having a 7 x 3 run attached permanently and they will have 2 puppy pens attached to it for supervised access :)
Having a run attached gives them ample space and the bigger the better with bunnies! :thumb:

I don't think they need windows but it's always a plus :) You can mesh them but we left them in and will be adding vents in the back for ventilation :)

Here is the housing sticky;

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...door-Housing&p=5207978&viewfull=1#post5207978

Last edited:
I got mine second hand on ebay, it's not what I would have chosen had I bought new but it saved me a small fortune so if you're on a budget check out the free ads and what's local to you on ebay.

outisde
shed2-1.jpg

inside
shedinside.jpg

I'd say an attached run is pretty much essential because, even with windows, sheds can be quite dark.

We bought a really cheap (£119) 5 x 3 shed as that's all we could fit from garden buildings direct. We bought a cheap one because we were fully insulating and lining it (that cost £253) which would make it more durable and sturdy.

WP_000278.jpg

WP_000272.jpg

They love it and I think it's much better than the hutch they had

I got mine second hand on ebay, it's not what I would have chosen had I bought new but it saved me a small fortune so if you're on a budget check out the free ads and what's local to you on ebay.

outisde
shed2-1.jpg

inside
shedinside.jpg

I'd say an attached run is pretty much essential because, even with windows, sheds can be quite dark.

What size is this shed may I ask?

I think all the sheds you guys have posted are fab :thumb:

Ours is a 6x4 its on the path in our back garden with a kind of aviary thing attached. So we now have no direct route round the house but the rabbits are happy:shock:
The rabbits made their own private door by eating the edge of the shed door so badly that my hubby has now made it a proper square so they have constant access to the run.

They are free range on the patio when we are in with the aviary door propped open. Then when we are out they have the shed and the aviary.

Mine isnt posh inside the shed like some on here. Ive recently painted it pink:oops:. Inside I have a proper hutch across the back with one door taken off so they can hop in and out. I have a cat litter tray and the walls are insulated. The window is mesh then in winter I have a piece of perspex that slots infront of 3/4 of the mesh so theres still ventilation. Plus the window is only about 10" away from the house wall so its nicely sheltered. I also have a thermometer on the wall which I have found invaluable. I need to say the pics are from before we sorted out the roof on the aviary, it is now completely roofed with the same panels and then roofing felt over the two on the side away from the house so they can sit out in the rain without getting wet:oops:

Hopefully these are the pics of it when we first sorted it.:
shed004.jpg
shed003.jpg
shed006.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, all these sheds look wonderful! I do have a shed in the garden but its full of bikes and general garden things! I may be able to move them though to the outside cupboard we have though, hmmm......Im going to be dreaming rabbit houses tonight!
Kayla xx

Be warned..... Bunny shed designs soon take over your life lol!

Ours is still work in progress and we are constantly searching for new ideas.

outisde
shed2-1.jpg

inside
shedinside.jpg

I'm stalking this thread, can I ask where you bun sleeps? Is it in the cat carrier or under the blanket? I've put a hutch in my shed but it takes up quite a bit of room for something that they will only sleep in so wondering what else I could use. Was wondering if a cardboard box stuffed with straw/hay could be adequate even in winter?

I'm stalking this thread, can I ask where you bun sleeps? Is it in the cat carrier or under the blanket? I've put a hutch in my shed but it takes up quite a bit of room for something that they will only sleep in so wondering what else I could use. Was wondering if a cardboard box stuffed with straw/hay could be adequate even in winter?

The idea is that they sleep in the big carrier under the blanket, I'm not sure if they do. They used to have a hutch but just used it as a toilet so it came out.
Last year we used a cardboard box, inside another cardboard box and wrapped in blankets for insulation. That stayed really warm and I know they spent a lot of time in there so we might do that again during the winter if wrapping the carrier in more blankets doesn't keep it much warmer.
If we use anything soft under their feet (hay, straw or blankets) then the buns pee on it :roll:

Back