• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Surprising binkies from Mimzy

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
I just had to share that Mimzy was tearing around his xpen this evening and actually threw two popcorn binkies (each one about halfway up the panels of his pen and these stand about a foot and three quarters high!) that were powered mostly by his gimpy old hind feet and legs. I was surprised by the first and outright amazed by the second. He's looked so thin and feeble while I've tried to wean him off his metaclopromide that I was beginning to despair him surviving the winter.
He was looking a bit hunched this evening according to my son (a good call on his part from a kid who knows next to nothing about bunnies) so I felt Mimzy's tum and it did seem tight (too many greens and not enough hay lately) so I gave him a snootful of simethicone. Within the hour he was flopping to rest and then BAM! Suddenly all this activity! :shock:
It just melts my heart to see him move like this. And then to land a leap on all fours without a stumble twice! It's something I wouldn't expect with his tilt still so severe.

He continues to drop my jaw. What a trooper!

I have read so many sad stories here and at my U.S. forum of late and I sympathize so deeply with those who have had hard times and lost dear friends recently. I hope this account can give someone a brief smile through their tears. I could not have gotten Mimzy this far through his illness without the help of all the knowledgeable and skilled bunny caregivers that this community is rippling with.
You are such wonderful people. Thank you for being here. *squishes tight*

Thanks Natsusakura :)
I only wish I could've gotten a picture of it. I never have a camera handy though and it would have to be quicker than my mobile's. :(

Now if I could just rebond him with his wifeybun. But honestly I am afraid to for the health and safety of both. I don't want her to develop headtilt and I don't want him injured by her should she decide to get humpy as she outweighs him by more than a few pounds. :(

How wonderful. :love:

My camera always needs recharging when there is a photo opportunity. :roll: Any photo of Mimzy would be lovely.

Back