• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stunning New Arrival & Untrained Vets

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Meet this lovely rabbit, who until an hour ago was called Mildred

Pumpkin.jpg

"she" was dumped at a vets surgery, ( not ours) and the vet nurse there has fostered her and had her checked over and vacs until we had a space..Note.."she" has been checked and vacs by the vet and "she" is an adult not a small baby

Now look what " she" has underneath..surrounded by two saddle-bags!!

penis.jpg

This is the 2nd rabbit this week ( Sundance was the other) who has been treated, checked and sexed by two different vets..who have got it wrong. No wonder rescues have to deal with so many accidental litters. However short vet training on rabbits is, surely any vet with more than half a brain can recognise a penis and a pair of testicles whatever the animal?:censored:

Gorgeous bun is now named Pumpkin and will be losing 2 of his male bits this week and looking for a home

He says he is please everyone can now see he is a BOY ..he hated being called Mildred!! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Biscuitblossom, I'd offer him a home in a heartbeat too if there was space.:love::love:

Elijah had the same experience and was checked over by a vet and deemed to be female. He was 7 months old at the time. Hence he was called Lois until FHB had a very quick rummage.

He is GORGEOUS!

I can understand with babies, my very rabbit savvy vet sexed my friend's rabbit wrong who was a few weeks old, but an adult, male, entire males is quite hard to miss! :shock: :roll:

He is just so gorgeous.....

Give him a hug from me... as for 'Mildred' .... what a name? Havent heard it since the 70's...

Bet hes pleased to be a wee PUMPKIN....

Fee x

Back