• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freeze dried grass

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
The lovely lady that boarded Bear and Alice gave me a HUGE bag of freeze dried grass as she fed it when they were staying with her and they LOVED it!
Just wanted to know how much I should be feeding though as its not something I've ever used before?

I use a small handful mixed well in with two armfuls of farm hay and two piches of dried herbage for Pumpkin.
Hay is better, the grass is a an extra treat that can added for foraging fun. I think of the kiln dried grass is like handing over the nice biscuit tin to Pumpkin - he still needs to eat far more hay and if he gets is nose into a bag of kiln dried grass he pigs out.

Ziggy Pig [Gpig] just chuffs the stuff down with his hay but Piggies have slightly less temperamental digestive tracts.

I am surprised a boarder would feed something that a bunny has never eaten before, especially with their sensitive digestive systems :/

Back