• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Info needed re jabs and EC

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
Need to start thinking about getting them all vaccinated and the pancur treatment to prevent EC etc

just need to know what they need and when, im confussed by this combi vaccine thingy and if that even available next

also the EC prevention its pancur i think, can I just buy it and do it on my own or should I get it from the vets and follow their advice etc x

The only vaccine that will cover for Myxi will soon be just the combi vac as the old single dose Myxi vac is being withdrawn from the market. So for vaccines it will be a once yearly combi vac

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD...pension_for_injection_for_rabbits/-58449.html

There are many conflicting opinions amongst Vets re the use of Panacur as an attempt to control EC. Some Vets even believe that Panacur is of no use at all, even in an 'active' case.

Personally I treat every Rabbit with a one off 28 day course. I do not treat again unless specifically advised to by my Vet. I have followed this protocol for over 10 years with numerous Rabbits. So far it has worked well. But with so much still to find out about the clinical significance of EC and the most effective means of dealing with it it is really an evolving subject. Advice is likely to change as more is found out.

Good hygiene at all times to prevent ingestion of urine contaminated food/bedding is also another important part in the control of EC. EC carriers can be asymptomatic but still shed spores in their urine, thus effecting other Rabbits.

If you are treating several Rabbits it is more economical to use the Panacur 10% Liquid. It is also easier to calculate an accurate weight specific dose (Dose rate is 20mg/kg daily which is 0.2ml/kg of the Panacur 10% liquid)

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/panacur-small-animal-oral-suspension-100ml-10.html

Last edited:
Back