• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much hay....

Dave81

Mama Doe
Do your rabbits get through?

My 4 have just munched a 9.5kg of Ings, it's lasted 10 days they just love the stuff

Poppy gets through a hanging basket of hay a day roughly, its topped up twice a day and a bit in her litter tray. A 5kg bag lasts us just over a week give or take a bit:D

I'm glad I bought 2 massive bags of hay however I wasn't expecting the 1st bag to run out quite so quickly :lol:

:oops:
I'm glad I bought 2 massive bags of hay however I wasn't expecting the 1st bag to run out quite so quickly :lol:

Have a look at how much your throwing way and how much they're eating. I was going through loads until I realised that Poppy wont eat hay in her litter tray...she only eats it out of a basket so I was wasting lots daily:oops: She doesn't sleep in her litter tray so putting hay in the base of it was pointless (although I do put a handful in, just in case she changes her mind:lol:). If they're eating it all or using it as bedding its different but Poppy wasn't.

Unfortunately for my wallet they are eating most of it, there is some wastage which I'm looking at reducing which might stretch it out another few days

Unfortunately for my wallet they are eating most of it, there is some wastage which I'm looking at reducing which might stretch it out another few days

If they're eating it then its brill..healthy happy buns:thumb:

A farm bale lasts me two weeks between 6. I throw a lot of it away as I put it in litter trays and on their shel but at £3.50 a bale thats fine

a 9.5kg bag of timothy & rye lasts B&G about 2 weeks and 2 days, quite a lot of wastage mind as its litter trays, but they do eat a stupendous amount.

A farm bale lasts me about 5 weeks. But a bit less than that in winter.
That's for bedding and food for two bunnies.

I'm not sure how long my hay lasts, it depends on what I get the meadow hay lasted me ages and they still seemed to be eating loads, now I'm back on Ings and :shock::shock::shock: I'm putting in a bunny sized lump 3 times a day and it keeps disappearing!!! :thumb:

They are still seperate Buns as they are not ready for bonding for another couple of weeks, so that is a bunny sized lump each 3 times a day!

I'm still getting used to bunnies that eat hay as may last pair just would not eat it no matter what I did. Jenson and Cooper have only been with us for a week and and I can;t beiieve how much hay we have gone through already! Not that I'm complaining, I would rather have it that way.

I get the 4.5 kg bags of ings... and it lasts about 3 weeks with very little wastage.... but I buy the big easypack meadow hay for litter trays too (a bag lasts about a month) thats pretty much all wastage :lol:
But mine eat ALOT of grass too

Back