• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just put Stu to bed and found this sleeping by the hutch

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
:shock:
Usually they leg it bit I think this one is fast asleep in the pile of sawdust that Stu chucks out in the dry,
Have just half a plate of cat meat down for it and its eating so that's good

Will it pass fleas onto the Rabbit.

Oh, a hedgehog, how sweet. I've no idea about flea transference, but someone on here is bound to know. :wave:

It's probably looking for somewhere to hibinate. If you are happy to have him in your garden, perhaps you could look on a wildlife website to see if you might have somewhere safe and suitable for him stay :D

Fleas on hedgehogs are host specific so I wouldn't worry about him/her passing the fleas onto your rabbit.

Just make sure that the cat food is not fish based and no milk at all.

:love:

Fleas on hedgehogs are host specific so I wouldn't worry about him/her passing the fleas onto your rabbit.

Just make sure that the cat food is not fish based and no milk at all.

:love:

It's probably looking for somewhere to hibinate. If you are happy to have him in your garden, perhaps you could look on a wildlife website to see if you might have somewhere safe and suitable for him stay :D

Yeh cat meat was rabbit flavour :oops:

:p Ooo he can definitely stay in the garden keeps the slugs out of the hutch :lol::lol:

I cut a tree down few weeks ago and am left with some nice 1 inch sticks, maybe I could nail together and make a hog house? Fill it with straw nice and cozy.

Yeh cat meat was rabbit flavour :oops:
:p Ooo he can definitely stay in the garden keeps the slugs out of the hutch :lol::lol:

I cut a tree down few weeks ago and am left with some nice 1 inch sticks, maybe I could nail together and make a hog house? Fill it with straw nice and cozy.

:lol: :lol: the irony! :lol: :lol:

I found that comment hilariously funny!! :lol:

Hedgy's cute! We used to get them in our garden but since we rabbit proofed it last year it appears we also hedgy proofed it :roll:. Shame really as they eat the slugs and snails.

So sweet! And bless you for feeding him!

i think they are just FAB little creature, keep to themsselves dont bother anyone and eat the slugs and snails so that a LIKE in my book.

I have lots of pictures we had three a few months ago it was like a hedgpig meeting party, following each other under next doors gate round the shed through a gap in the fence about as big as a tennis ball, round my garden setting off the security light, under the hutch and through another ball sized hole behind hutch, and back out of the gate, it was quite funny, when they met each other that was a different sotry, not a happy noise at all but cant describe either. :shock:

Heres one bold little things too

AD3D1104-4DE3-4256-B0B4-E2430D0B372B-195-0000003E1B4B7592_zps261e826c.jpg

Back