• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

List of mods from shed to bunny heaven tansformtaion?

Athena

Young Bun
Eek! Just found out we have got the house we apllied for! So obviously the first thing im researching is rabbit stuff (will get to insurance etc later haha)

I havnt seen the inside of the shed yet, but what are the most common mods you have to do to a typical shed? Im thinking some kind of insulated panels and obviously a cat flap type exit to the run. But what else?

list of things we've done
- lino flooring (would use safety flooring if I was starting fresh)
- meshed windows (depending on the position of the shed I may not bother)
- added a shelf for storage
- added a shelf for their use
- cut a hole out of the side for run access
- water bottle holder
- make some way of stopping the rabbits escaping when you open the door
- lighting

this is what i did

hi i have a pllay house but i figured there kinda simular

i put down lino

we made a bedroom comprement which you probably can't do the same as i did but i made it the same hieght as the windows so the could sit on it and look out

sprayed the whole area in anti chew stuff (make sure its stuff which they use after operations if the rabbits might chew the bandages)

padlock and bolt on the door

i would definatly reccomed a shelf to put hay and food and cleaning stuff and other rabbity stuff as it is just so convientient

cooling tile for in the summer, i didn't use mess on my windows but alot of people recommend it

a tray to put your water bowls on as you don't want the bunnies tipping over the bowls and ruining the wood (i got two trays for £1 at poundland)

a chair to sit down on so you can read or i do my homework in with my bunnies

you said about a catflap but you could also use the runaround system or simular(its quite expensive but looks like a good idea)

a bin out side or a compost bin (compost bins are quite smelly though)

quite a few things are just additions not really mods but i would definatly recommend them

Back