• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Well Anya had her first dental today.. and a question

WeeBarraxO

Warren Veteran
I have been really quite not well, been in and out of hospital and hadn't been as vigilant as I usually am with the buns, OH and my friend have been feeding/watering them for me and when I went to check on them all yesterday I noticed she had runny eyes .. and though oh no .. checked her and as I thought front teeth were overgrown :( .. only by about 3mm .. but its not something I would usually have missed so felt awful :(,

so she went to vets today and got them clipped, and also got her back teeth checked out, back teeth are perfect so nothing to worry about there .. though obviously now she is showing signs of probs .. we will need to keep an eye out, Vet said her front teeth don't QUITE meet up, not majorly out of line, but that slight misalignment which means she probs will need to get them clipped every so often,

but she also said her teeth were quite fragile ? like they were REALLY easy to clip .. what could cause this ?

sorry not a clue, but in general clipping is awful for teeth (can cause them to shatter I believe) not sure if this problem will lessen or worsen that possible issue :wave:

sorry not a clue, but in general clipping is awful for teeth (can cause them to shatter I believe) not sure if this problem will lessen or worsen that possible issue :wave:

hmmm, she did say we may end up needing to remove front teeth in the long run, but as they only just not line up just now we will see how things go

Mae had her front teeth out as they didn't line up. I reckon its better than constant clipping/burrings :)

hmm, it is what I am looking into, need to see how long between needing clipped, if it is going to be a really regular thing she will be getting them taken out,

one they are taken out .. do they grow back ? as I know their teeth grow constant, but if you remove the tooth .. will it grow back ?

Back