• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty or clever, whats the verdict, story in photo's :)

cuteboyz

Warren Scout
Two days ago the boys got a castle, here they are on the floor munching hay and totally ignoring it :roll:

IMGP4689.jpg

It didn't take them long to explore it though :D

IMGP4677.jpg

That evening they decided to eat through the 1st floor side window, so they can jump in and out that way and not have to go through the boring doorway and up through the hole :roll:
And then when i got up this morning............
See the plant ontop of the fireplace in this picture, the angle of the photo makes it look closer than it actually was.

IMGP4680.jpg

they managed to stretch up and reach over from the top, grab the plant and then pull it onto the castle roof........ and then they ate it all :shock::oops::shock:

No its not poisonous, although I still would have prefered they hadn't eaten it, and yes they are both fine, eating, pooing and being perfect little monsters as usual :D

So what do you think, are they very clever little bunnies managing to feed themselves whilst everyone else slept on quietly, or are they naughty little monsters and what on earth will they get up to tonight :lol:

:D am loving the castle I'd say clever little *******, mind they cod have been on the fire place and everything eaten, it might look close but don't bunnies jump ;) mine can make a leap of about 2 foot and land from the top of his castle :lol: and if they have modified already it could be an escape in the making

I'll watch for update tomorrow :lol:

I really like your set up for them. I do have a big area for them but its not safe to have them out all day. You set up makes me think I can do something more creative so they can be out all day. Saying that though, their cage is a monstrous size (150cm long) and does take up a lot of space already. Where did you get the fences from? What did you use?

I've got to be honest. Silly human for thinking that something was out of reach to bunnies! Haha.
They're gorgeous, lovely set up.

:D am loving the castle I'd say clever little *******, mind they cod have been on the fire place and everything eaten, it might look close but don't bunnies jump ;) mine can make a leap of about 2 foot and land from the top of his castle :lol: and if they have modified already it could be an escape in the making

I'll watch for update tomorrow :lol:

They 'shouldn't be able to jump from the castle onto the fireplace, from the top level they have to stretch fully to get their front paws to reach the top, so they 'shouldn't' be able to jump from there :) The only other way would be to eat through the 1st floor window on that side too, but the castle is ontop of their cage which is placed in the alcove, so they would have to jump out and around a corner at the same time :) I'm not saying its impossible, and I honestly I wouldn't put anything past them, but it wouldn't be easy :lol: watch this space :lol::lol:

Thank you all for you nice comments :)

I really like your set up for them. I do have a big area for them but its not safe to have them out all day. You set up makes me think I can do something more creative so they can be out all day. Saying that though, their cage is a monstrous size (150cm long) and does take up a lot of space already. Where did you get the fences from? What did you use?

The boys cage is the same size as yours, 5 foot :)
its a playpen that I attached around it, its in one piece and folds flat, so I just placed it around the outside, they didnt need it all the way around because of the wall on one side and they didnt need it behind their cage because thats in the alcove :) then I opened up one section at the front to make a doorway and placed the pole thats supposed to hold the two ends together in there instead :D So I can just take out the pole and open that section up which makes it easy for me to get in there to clean and also means i can leave the door open for them to come and go as they want, but I always close their door when I'm out of the house and overnight, they get into far too much mischief to leave them out unattended :oops::oops:

They 'shouldn't be able to jump from the castle onto the fireplace, from the top level they have to stretch fully to get their front paws to reach the top, so they 'shouldn't' be able to jump from there :) The only other way would be to eat through the 1st floor window on that side too, but the castle is ontop of their cage which is placed in the alcove, so they would have to jump out and around a corner at the same time :) I'm not saying its impossible, and I honestly I wouldn't put anything past them, but it wouldn't be easy :lol: watch this space :lol::lol:

Top floor on mine must be slightly higher it is different to yours, :D cos Stu can stand and lean over the top, hope you all have fun tonight :lol:

my verdict

What cheecky but highly clever buns and what a lovely castle that is, very posh! however with the castle uve given them the perfect platform for climing ontop and causing mischeif very clever buns

Top floor on mine must be slightly higher it is different to yours, :D cos Stu can stand and lean over the top, hope you all have fun tonight :lol:

or maybe your buns are bigger :) my boys are lionhead lops and although not mini's they are both quite small in the scale of big bunnies lol, about 3.5lbs of utter chaos :lol::lol::lol:

Mo and Bo have this castle too and they are making the windows larger everyday!! The only problem we have with this castle is that we never see them as they hide or just climb up the levels and 'jump' out of the windows!

I love this set up it's so creative with the tunnels etc! Lucky buns :love:

Can you point me in the direction of getting one of these castles? :wave:

I love this set up it's so creative with the tunnels etc! Lucky buns :love:

Can you point me in the direction of getting one of these castles? :wave:

thank you so much :)
my hubbie built them a 3 tier rack system, the green tunnels join one level to the next, and a further tunnel joins the rack system to the roof terrace, they have to travel a long way to reach their castle which helps to keep them fit :lol::lol::lol:
They do have a stool there too, so if they wanted to they could just jump up and down on that to reach it, and on a rare occasion they do but usually they much prefer taking the long way up and down via all the tunnels :D:D
The tunnel on the floor leads to their tent, they loving digging in the tent and trying to rip it to pieces but dont do much else with it :lol::lol:

The castle link :)
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smartkitz-cardboard-castle-101601

Last edited:
thank you so much :)
my hubbie built them a 3 tier rack system, the green tunnels join one level to the next, and a further tunnel joins the rack system to the roof terrace, they have to travel a long way to reach their castle which helps to keep them fit :lol::lol::lol:
They do have a stool there too, so if they wanted to they could just jump up and down on that to reach it, and on a rare occasion they do but usually they much prefer taking the long way up and down via all the tunnels :D:D
The tunnel on the floor leads to their tent, they loving digging in the tent and trying to rip it to pieces but dont do much else with it :lol::lol:

The castle link :)
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/smartkitz-cardboard-castle-101601

I just love how the tunnels are set up it looks like they have a fun time :thumb:

Thank you for sending the link also :D

Back