• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Small lump in cheek - results

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello
Wonder if anyone can give some pointers?
I have just discovered a smallish lump under the skin of Jenson's cheek. He is eating, drinking, pooping and appears fine. I will be calling the vet first thing.
I don't think it is bothering him as he's let me stroke over it and have a good feel, he's even let me part the fur to see if I can see anything.

The lump feels smaller than a pea, it is in his cheek and is mobile. He's currently munching hay and appears to be eating on both sides.

Any suggestions welcome.

Last edited:
Hi Jane. No lump on the other side that I can find, it was the first thing I checked. Can't see anything either. He's being really good and letting me feel it and thinking he's getting extra fuss. He seems fine in himself as far as I can tell.

Appointment booked for later. Any suggestions I could mention would be great. Fingers crossed its nothing serious.

Update on vet's appointment.
Jenson is booked in on Monday to have the lump removed and checked. In the meantime we're to keep an eye on it and take him in sooner if it gets bigger. Our vet was happy that the lump isn't attached to the jaw but that it needs to be removed.
Now I'm keeping everything crossed for no complications and tests ok.

Thank you for the wishes. Jenson is home from his op today. Lump has been removed and sent off. I'm told he came round from the op well. He ate a small amount there and started eating hay not long after I got him home. Eating and drinking but I don't think any poops yet. We have meeds for him and two check ups booked.

He looks a little sorry for himself with a shaved bit of his face but seems fine so far in himself. I've been a nervous wreak all day so I'm pleased to have him home and he's eating.

Still have fingers crossed for good recovery and test results.

Last edited:
Aww poor Jenson bless him. Good that he's eating though. :thumb: Sending lots of vibes for a quick recovery :)

Hello.
This evening we received results from the vets about the removed lump. Benign basal tumour. Good news as it was benign and is excised.

I'm so relieved.

Jenson had his first post op check up yesterday which was fine and he has another next week.

Back