• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excell complete food cubes. What do you think of them?

rabbitapril

Mama Doe
I bought some as they were on special offer in Jollyes.

My buns love them, when they got to the middle there was a small amount of pellets inside.:?

I gave them more as a treat rather than a food. I just dont think I could give them a cube and tell them to make it last two days. :?

Also I cant see many folk buying them as they work out quite expensive.

Has anyone else tried them? :wave:

I've been quite curious about these but it's the price that has put me off too! I'm sure my Misfit would eat one of those in one sitting :?

There's quite a few threads if you search for them :) there was a big discussion on one. I don't like them as a food source, and the price is ridiculous. I buy a 5kg bag of SS which lasts me 3-4 months and that's £10 so a lot cheaper.

I've bought them to try and entice ill bunnies up eat then shared them about; mine were just unimpressed with eating it but fully enjoyed dessimating it.

The cubes certainly make dusty, crumby a mess.
I tried giving them a cube in thier hay pile but then I realised I had thrown it out with the hay when I changed it.:roll:
They certainly like them though and my piggies enjoyed thiers.

Personally I think it's the most ridiculous rabbit food I've come across yet, it's no substitute for unlimited hay and a small handful of pellets

Mine love them, but they are more of a treat than food replacement. They really don't last long at all, particularly with Daisy-Boo and Pippin.

I think they are a waste of money. Floppy just eats the flower from the top, sometimes eats the pellets if they fall out and just leaves the rest of cube of hay festering in the hutch. I wont be getting them again

my bunnies seemed to like them but i wouldn't bother buying them again. My concern was that some people may buy them and think its two days food and therefore not see or do anything with the bunnies as much, for example think its ok to leave them on their own all weekend!

I've not found a single bunny who's liked them! And I've tried....ooooh.....a dozen rabbits with them. ;)

Thor loved destroying his, Loki kept chucking his in his water bowl and watching it expand, they both ate a fair amount of it in the end, but the MESS :shock: I ended up sweeping most of it up and binning it, the dust made Thor sneeze. also how would you wean them into their diet?

I will not be buying them again, mostly because I don't think they are a very good source of nutrition, all the pellets seemed to be in one clump so once dug out vanished in a couple of mins. 2 days complete nutrition???? Yeah right!

Also the price :shock::shock::shock:

Thor loved destroying his, Loki kept chucking his in his water bowl and watching it expand, they both ate a fair amount of it in the end, but the MESS :shock: I ended up sweeping most of it up and binning it, the dust made Thor sneeze. also how would you wean them into their diet?

I will not be buying them again, mostly because I don't think they are a very good source of nutrition, all the pellets seemed to be in one clump so once dug out vanished in a couple of mins. 2 days complete nutrition???? Yeah right!

Also the price :shock::shock::shock:

completley agree with you Hele

Back