• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If it ain't broke...

Carley

Warren Scout
Don't buy different hay!!!

My two LOVE H4P timothy and rye and eat 9.5kg in about 3 weeks. I thought I would try ings hay instead as everyone raves about it. It has not gone down well. The buns tolerate it but don't each as much as they did with the timothy and rye. I still have a small amount left and when I pop a bit in the litter tray they dart over and munch it like it like they do their pellets. When I tried the sample pack, the buns loved the ings hay so I don't know what changed. Anyhow, the buns are going to have to learn to love it as they have about 8kg left to munch! I wish I had more storage then I could just order another bag of timothy and rye.

Anyone else have a bun who is not in love with ings?

Mine love Timothy & Rye. Have just tried Ings (again) - loved it for 2 days and now won't eat it! In same order also bought their Meadow Hay for bedding and, of course, some of the T & R.

Strangely mine loved Ings but they wont touch the new batch :? It smells lovely, even a bit minty! but is a lot softer than the last lot and mine don't do soft hay fussy rascals!! They are still tucking into their fav West Wales Willow hay and Hay4Pets Timothy and Rye!

Well I've tried all the 'posh' hays including Ings and they're simply not v interested. They just love their Comfey Meadow hay and they jump in their tray whenever I top it up through the day. Bella arrived (from the rescue!) with overgrown back teeth plus a lacerated tongue so it's really important that they keep eating their hay. Get through loads.

Back