• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor boarding recommendations? - Hampshire/Surrey

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone used boarding for an indoor bun that they would recommend? (Or any that they would not recommend, for that matter?)

Does anyone here currently have the facility to board a single indoor bunny?

Would anyone be prepared to board a single indoor bunny as a favour (I would pay too) if provided with everything they need, including a pen?

(I do have 1 date in mind, but also for future reference!)

I've just boarded mine in Fareham.
Was only for 2 days, I probably wouldn't have left them longer there as they were in a summer house with heating in a 6 foot hutch, they usually have free range of our dining room so a bit different!
The lady was LOVELY though, knew loads about rabbits.
I can PM you the detials if your interested.

Or if you get really stuck I have empty room at home that could fit a pen in, I'm in Fareham

The Rabbit Crossing in Windlesham takes house rabbits, but the accommodation (at least the accommodation my buns have stayed in) isn't in the house, it's in a lovely big summer house. It's heated, and the buns stay in the large Kernow hutches. You can't beat the care that boarders get there because Helen is wonderful with them.

I don't know of anywhere that actually has house rabbit boarding inside the house though.

The Rabbit Crossing in Windlesham takes house rabbits, but the accommodation (at least the accommodation my buns have stayed in) isn't in the house, it's in a lovely big summer house. It's heated, and the buns stay in the large Kernow hutches. You can't beat the care that boarders get there because Helen is wonderful with them.

I don't know of anywhere that actually has house rabbit boarding inside the house though.

I do.:thumb: This year in particular almost everyday of every week my lounge has been home to indoor bunnies. I try to provide as close to their home environment as possible.

They get to watch tv, interact with myself and OH if he feels in the mood, and generally become one of the family.:D:thumb:

Pity I live so far away from you.

I hope you manage to find somewhere perfect.:thumb:

How about Helen @ The Rabbit Crossing?

She doesn't do true indoor bunny housing, but she has a shed, which is heated, insulated and has flynets etc up at the windows and doors with 7x3ft hutches x4.

B&G stay in one everytime they go to her and you know what Ginger's health is like. There are only a very select few people i'd trust my bunnies with, and Helen is 100% certainly one of them. She's in Surrey, just off of Junction 3 of the M3.

Does that help?

I bond bunnies and can also board them - but it is very informal - just a pen in my bedroom or a spare room where my own cat and bunnies don't go. I have Marnie and Maurice (Bluesmum's bunnies) here at the moment but they are going home tomorrow or Friday.

I do charge - as I have eleven buns of my own - all adopted rescue buns and have just been made redundant so intend putting the money towards vaccinations/vet bills.

I'm in Havant.

Thanks guys! All useful - although may not need it for the date I was thinking any more. But good to know anyway for future reference, or if I do end up needing it :)

I do too! All of our accommodation is indoors - we have converted our biggest bedroom into the main 'boarding room' and we also set up cages in our dining room when we need an 'overflow'.

But sadly, we're too far away ;)

There are only a very select few people i'd trust my bunnies with, and Helen is 100% certainly one of them.

This! Mine are outdoor bunnies so they aren't in the heated accommodation, but they go from Essex over to Helen at the Rabbit Crossing whenever I need bunnies boarding :D Incidentally, don't be fooled by the thought of hutches in a shed - it's nothing like you're probably thinking and has to be seen to be believed!

This! Mine are outdoor bunnies so they aren't in the heated accommodation, but they go from Essex over to Helen at the Rabbit Crossing whenever I need bunnies boarding :D Incidentally, don't be fooled by the thought of hutches in a shed - it's nothing like you're probably thinking and has to be seen to be believed!

Totally agree.

Mine travel all the way from Somerset to Surrey each time i go away, thats about 120 miles :lol: - they are well travelled bunnies!! I'd rather go that distance and know they are well looked after rather than the alternative.

Yes, agree, when i say 'shed' i mean 'mansion' and when i say hutches i mean 'massive huge hutches' !

Back