• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wild rabbit studies or literature?

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Does anyone know of any good studies on wild rabbits that have been published? I'd love to know more about them, but when you Google it you just get bits and pieces of basic info that we already know. I'm looking for some proper scientific papers and studies etc

Probably not quite what you were looking for (as it's not a scientific paper or anything), but if you haven't read it, Ann McBride's book 'why does my rabbit' has some really good stuff about wild rabbits. I found it fascinating.

Probably not quite what you were looking for (as it's not a scientific paper or anything), but if you haven't read it, Ann McBride's book 'why does my rabbit' has some really good stuff about wild rabbits. I found it fascinating.

Thank you, yes I have got that one and saw her talk at the recent WRAF conference... she was very good speaking publicly and a bit crazy :lol:

If you don't mind the grusome bits, then 'the private life of the rabbit' by R. M. Lockley is very interesting. It provided alot of the info For Richard Adams when writing Watership Down:thumb:
not the easiest to get hold of though. I do have a copy but I no longer lend it out as I can't get a replacement:?

If you don't mind the grusome bits, then 'the private life of the rabbit' by R. M. Lockley is very interesting. It provided alot of the info For Richard Adams when writing Watership Down:thumb:
not the easiest to get hold of though. I do have a copy but I no longer lend it out as I can't get a replacement:?

Oooh thank you I'll try hunting down a copy! It sounds more what I'm looking for :thumb:

ETA: been to Amazon and bought a copy :D

Last edited:
Back