• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hooded trays for rabbits

FudgeTort

Wise Old Thumper
So I got the cats a hooded litter tray to encourage them to use this instead of the soil outside. They won't use it!
Does anyone use one for rabbits? It'd be ideal for their run since they have a tray out there but they still insist in sitting in it when it's totally waterlogged.
I know they'd use it, they're smarter than the cats!

I got one for mine as Teddy kept digging the litter our and making a complete mess. They didn't seem to like it once I u taped the flap. I am guessing because they felt trapped. I just use the base now as it's deep and keeps Teddy's. Digging under control! X

I got one for mine as Teddy kept digging the litter our and making a complete mess. They didn't seem to like it once I u taped the flap. I am guessing because they felt trapped. I just use the base now as it's deep and keeps Teddy's. Digging under control! X

Ah I might try it. I could take the door off actually I guess.

Mine would only use it if I took the flap off, but I still wanted it to be cosy so I wrapped a blanket I got from Asda around it and made it flop over the front :) the blanket was so big for it (one of the £4 ones) that I could wrap it around 3 times so if they dug at it it wouldn't come off :D it sometimes got soggy but the litter tray has a filter thing on with holes and the rain never got in because I put a sheet of bubble wrap under the blanket :thumb:

Mine have one stuffed full of straw. They love using the door, it's so exciting and intriguing for them!

Thanks ill give it a go then!
I know they're more receptive to new things than the cats so I'm sure they will at least try it!

Back