• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just bad luck or am I doing something wrong?

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
I was thinking last night ,after having had Jack PTS, I've had 4 bunnies with jaw abcesses over the past 2 years.

Is there anything I could have done to prevent them or have I just been unlucky?

One of the bunnies was a dental bun and had lots of problems in that respect so I can almost reason that one but the others were 4/5 year old bunnies with no real health issues .

Maybe I'm just beating myself up about nothing but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas?

Any chance they were related?

i've had three bunnies with identical tooth root abscess this year, same place and everything; all brothers (litter mates, to be exact)- with varying degrees of dental problems, from minimal, to some what regular. So I personally think genetics plays a huge part, so even if they are not related, I personally think that genes plays the biggest part.

Any chance they were related?

i've had three bunnies with identical tooth root abscess this year, same place and everything; all brothers (litter mates, to be exact)- with varying degrees of dental problems, from minimal, to some what regular. So I personally think genetics plays a huge part, so even if they are not related, I personally think that genes plays the biggest part.

No they weren't related at all.

Jasmine was a lop ,she had a lot of dental issues.

Jack was an english spot,apart from slight snuffles he was a healthy bunny.

Indigo was a lop eared bunny ,dwarf lop type /size, no issues.

Billy ,again a dwarf lop, the healthiest bunny in the world.

Back