• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So devious!!!!!

Well my little dears surprised me last night!!! They always go bonkers for Dandlion Delight and they have a handful at bed time as then I can make sure all's well and that they are eating etc. Last night I was worried as they didn't even look at it just steared at me!!! Oh blimey I thought, bunnies not eating, phone ready to call the vet!! I thought I'd try them with a piece of carrot - still not eating, then with some herbs - still not eating, then with a piece of apple - still not eating. At this point I was very close to call the vet until I put in the ultimate treat - fenugeek crunchie. Oh my goodness the excitement went into overload!!! I swear they then smiled at me and looked at all the goodies around them then started to tunck into the massive bunnie gourmet meal that surrounded them!! Cheeky little monkeys, I've a feeling this is going to happen more often as now they know if they refuse food they get lots of goodies in one go!!! And people say they are stupid, I don't think so!!! :love::love:

Far from it!

Fenugreek crunchies always go down a treat in my house! They hear the bag rustle and they're straight in :lol:

They are cleaver little *******!! There is definitely a good set of brains build into these little fuzz balls.

Doughnut has the other half of egg cup of pellets when I get home from work and she always has a fenugeek crunchie later in the evening too. I now don't get any peace until she's had it so now it's part of her dinner.

It seems to be everyone's favourite treat. She runs away with it and often runs around with it in her mouth deciding where to take it to eat, scared I'm going to take it back. Strange as she's my only rabbit and since I give it to her I'm not going to take it back!

Doughnut has the other half of egg cup of pellets when I get home from work and she always has a fenugeek crunchie later in the evening too. I now don't get any peace until she's had it so now it's part of her dinner.

It seems to be everyone's favourite treat. She runs away with it and often runs around with it in her mouth deciding where to take it to eat, scared I'm going to take it back. Strange as she's my only rabbit and since I give it to her I'm not going to take it back!

One day in the summer i needed to put mine in their shed early for some reason so used a fenugreek (or greekies as we call them :lol: ) after that day, tia just stood at the door looking at me, waiting for her greeky.... so its a daily routine and the sneaky beggars now get two greekies a day (one when they come out the shed after work and one at bed time)...

and some people say they're not clever :roll:

Yes they know what they like. To get Doughnut back in her hutch I always use a pellet but she always makes sure I have one in my hand otherwise she won't go in. Every time I go to the kitchen she digs at the door to let her in so she can beg non stop as she knows the pellets are there and she will probably get one.

Oh they're all priceless aren't they!!! But really wouldn't have them any other way!! Little Pixie is the funniest as she starts to 'eat' when she sees me picking fresh dandilons!! Its' so funny to see her mouth munching on nothing only getting quicker the nearer I get with the treat!!! So adorable :love:

Back