• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and kittens

Rach210

Alpha Buck
I've got one bunny and will soon be getting a second with the intention of bonding them. We also hope to get a kitten eventually. Would you allow the bunnies and kitten to meet so the kitty grows up used to rabbits and doesn't try and doesn't bother them when it's older?

Personally I wouldn't.
Rabbits are prey creatures and cats are predators.

Kittens are also playful, the slightest scratch could cause infection in a bunny. (I think!)

Poppy is okay with our cat but they don't live in the same house. Donny and Lola live outside and have to be taken in the kitchen for less than a minute if going to the vets. The cat doesn't need to be near them and they thump and freak out. It's even worse if she's there.

If you can have them separate but together when you are supervising then I think that would be better :) there is nothing to say they won't be the best of friends but the risk of injury is too much for me:)

Not while the kitten was young, personally.

I have cats and my cats and rabbits mix fine.

Kittens however are bitey, scratchy little creatures so I wouldn't introduce them until they'd stopped that. Boyfriends kitten ripped both of us to shreds for the first 7 months of her life so I know she could do a lot worse to a rabbit.

I personally think it's best to introduce as a kitten. The rabbits will be bigger than the kitten and so the rabbit will soon be able to tell the kitten to back off.

Misty is fine with cats, she 'talks' to the neighbors cat through the bars of the run - hops up to sniff at it. I was just thinking that it might be better if a kitten got used to them (supervised only). But of course I'd never put my bunnies at risk!

Back