• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blankets

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
I am comfused.. I am sure I read on here that blankets werent good for bunnies due to fibres and chewing?..

However , on looking at your lovely pics, loads of you have a wee blanket in hutch, shed or crate.

I have a fleecy blanket for Floppy but am frightened to put it anywhere near him for fear of him becoming ill... Can I use a fleece type blanket or not?

Cheers
Fee x

I am comfused.. I am sure I read on here that blankets werent good for bunnies due to fibres and chewing?..

However , on looking at your lovely pics, loads of you have a wee blanket in hutch, shed or crate.

I have a fleecy blanket for Floppy but am frightened to put it anywhere near him for fear of him becoming ill... Can I use a fleece type blanket or not?

Cheers
Fee x

It really just depends on whether your bun is a chewer or not :wave: none of mine eat their blankets, although Honey scratches and digs at them sometimes. Just give it a go when you're around to watch, and if bun starts munching on it take it away :wave:

I think fleece blankets are fine as long as your bun doesnt chew / eat them :)

Theres some lovely pet blankets on offer in my local Coop and I'm going to get a couple for Peter. He chews Paper / cardboard but as yet hasnt chewed his carpet in his hutch so I'm hoping he will be ok with a fleece

You just need to watch closely in case he chews it. Neither of mine chew theirs, fizz loves a blankie and snuggles on his for sleepiness, Maisy has a folded one on her chair which she sits on but she never sits on one on the floor, she pushes it aside to sit on the bare floor! They have pulled the odd thread in them and there are the odd few holes but nothing large enough for me to think they are ingesting any.

Floppy isnt a chewer.. I think he's too lazy!!,!

I will give it a bash tomorrow when i can see him. it'll nice and cosy for him..

Thanks for your replies folks!!,

I use fleece blankets and none of mine have ever chewed at them :) I also like vetbed and use that alot too :thumb: B&M have a fake type of vetbed thats brill and was only about £3 for a big piece...i think i might have cleared the shelf of that and their HUGE fleece blankets that were £3.99 becuase folded up they make a snuggly padded bed :thumb:

B&M, i've never been in there but theres one quite near me. will give that a go!!

Thanks....

Spenser has only chewed a blanket once - when I used one to block his access to a bit of the skirting board he was showing too much interest in. :roll: He has never chewed a blanket laid out for his use.

Back