• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried -may have had intruders

MotherPanda

Warren Scout
Went out this evening after work to see the bunnies, and found our garden parasol lying on the floor in front of the shed, perfectly straight.

The parasol normally lives in our garden table, with a green cover on - though the seam has started to tear a little right at the top. not enough to come off all together though. The cover is now on the floor by the table, which is a way further up the garden and round the corner from the bunny shed and run.

It's not been a windy day, and in any case its too heavy to have been blown off by the wind and then to have set itself on the floor in a perfectly straight line round the corner from it's home - it wasn't there this morning and my husband didn't do it - so I'm worried we've had garden intruders.

So what were they doing with the parasol?

1. Friendly neighbors saw it was raining and cover was broken and thought they'd put the parasol in the shed, opened shed and saw bunnies and though OH! and put parasol on the floor and left. They would have had to climb over our wall though, and we don't really know the neighbors so don't think it was them. Don't know them well enough to knock on the door and say 'did you play with our parasol?'

2. Bunny thieves thought they'd try to break in to the bunny fortress and get them some bunneh - but were faced with my wildy-cross pair who ran into the run, so the thieves grabbed the parasol to try and bend the wire to get in but failed /were scared off by said wildies! - the shed was unlocked, have locked it tonight now! and the wire was bent slightly above where my locks are in the run, but not sure if this was always like this or not.

3. Burglars were trying to break into our house, but couldn't get past the aviary run we have in front of our back door and as above, tried to bend wire with parasol/thought they'd bash in our windows with it etc. Would have expected more damage in the garden if this was the case though.

Would appreciate any other ideas - as it's left me a bit shakey at the idea of intruders etc - of course, it is just a parasol, and could be something entirely innocent...

:?:?:?

Oh wait - apparently it has been windy today... i work an hour and a half away so I guess weather could be different!

If there are no other signs then I would blame the wind.
Not sure where you are but it's been really, really windy here today.

Ok - I feel a bit calmer after that - was good to vent my worries!
Am glad I've had a reminder to keep the shed locked in any case. That shed holds some precious cargo!

Naughty wind!

I invested in CCTV earlier this year(only because the neighbors are idiots and I was scared they would harm my animals)Made me feel much easier x

Not sure where you live, but it has been very windy here today!
If it makes you feel any better, I would have panicked, too.

Back