• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

I don't think you'll get it in a farm bale but the stuff you can buy in small and large 'bales' in Jollyes is fairly short. It's advertised as 'long length chop', which it probably is for the average person who buys hay from Tesco etc. But IMO, it's pretty short - probably averaging 3-4 inches in length with some bits longer and some shorter. It's not bad hay - I use it to line the GP's cage as a base layer.

Yes I was going to suggest Jollyes or The Range who both sell the same stuff. It's £4 in TheRange and £6 in Jollyes. It comes from a farm in Devon but the quality varies quite a lot throughout the year.

P@H own brand, and Excel hays are all pretty short chopped. Readigrass and I think Just Grass are very short chopped, but obviously dried grass instead of hay.

Yes I was going to suggest Jollyes or The Range who both sell the same stuff. It's £4 in TheRange and £6 in Jollyes. It comes from a farm in Devon but the quality varies quite a lot throughout the year.

Thanks, is it in bags or bales? I need it for bedding and so need quite a bit

Thanks, is it in bags or bales? I need it for bedding and so need quite a bit

4kg, it's a fair amount but not a bale like you would get from a farm. About the size of two pillows on top of each other? It's compressed rather than loose too.

Straw-Hay-Shavings.jpg

http://www.naturesownpets.co.uk/products.html

Back