• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Massive Fight :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
That's it, I am not trying again with bonding Lydia. She HATES HATES HATES any Rabbit but Victor

I am not prepared to risk serious injuries again

Shoot me down in flames if you like, but Lydia will remain single for the foreseeable future

So upset :cry:

That's it, I am not trying again with bonding Lydia. She HATES HATES HATES any Rabbit but Victor

I am not prepared to risk serious injuries again

Shoot me down in flames if you like, but Lydia will remain single for the foreseeable future

So upset :cry:

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry. Please don't beat yourself up about it. Single bunnies can lead a brilliant life, she has you and she has bunny company in her surroundings.

I'm the same with Max, he won't accept anyone else, Lola was his one and only.

I think you're right Jane. I have at least one bun like this and possibly another one. Emrys is unbondable especially since his mate passed away a year ago. Bonding those two in the first place was very hard and fraught until one day when they just suddenly settled. Since then no bun has been good enough and his best friends are hoomins. And sadly I think Orla may be going the same way. She has been going off her new friends since yesterday. She and Donny were so incredibly close that maybe it was wrong of me try and bond her to someone else :(

Different strokes for different buns, they can't all be the same.

im sorry it hasnt worker out. but im sure you will give her all the love care and attention she needs! you are a very good bunny mummy! im sure she knows youve done your best.:wave:

No one should shoot you down in flames, you have tried and it didn't work, not your fault.

I know many would condemn me for keeping Louie alone, but I KNOW he is happy, his behaviour shows me that everyday.

She will be fine xxx

Who would shoot you down in flames? :?

Lydia has made it clear that she wants to remain a single bun, if shes happy as she is theres no problem :D

You tried your best Jane and can't do anymore than that.

Lydia quite clearly met the love of her life in Sir.Victor and wants no-one else.

She will be fine. She's loved,and has a wonderful life with you Jane.

Sounds perfect. xx

I just remember how she was always snuggled up to Victor and I wanted her to find a friend again :cry: But I guess that's the point I want that but Lydia does not :cry:

victorlydia.png

:cry:

:cry::cry::cry: poor you, it's awful when they fight and I really think that females are the worst to bond :shock: If she doesn't want a friend then she has made that choice herself. You really cannot force her to be with any bun, no matter what anyone else says is " right," it's obviously not right for her.
you will have to be the other bun. Xxx

I just remember how she was always snuggled up to Victor and I wanted her to find a friend again :cry: But I guess that's the point I want that but Lydia does not :cry:

victorlydia.png

:cry:

awww :love::love::love: you just didn't want her to be lonely and I can understand that. You try because you care. Lydia won't be lonely as long as she has you Xxx

Lady Lydia doesn't want anyone who isn't Sir Victor. :( What a bond. :love:

I would never attempt a new bond for Mr Bennett. When I moved the other 2 outside he ran around their old room with joy. Every time he goes in there he binkies and rans with happiness. :shock: Odd I know.

Bless her, I shouldn't worry too much. I'm all for bonding, but only cos any single bun of mine will be very alone - they get more attention off me than the rest, but not enough to be single & happy. I don't doubt you will be able to offer your buns more attention than mine get :D:oops:

Hugs to you and nose-rubs for both the lovely Lydia and her poor unfortunate suitor!

Some buns are just happier on their own, with other bunnies in view. Dill is like this too - it seems sad to us because we don't want them to be alone they aren't lonely.

I had to give in with my buns and have singles. I was shot down numerous times for it but I know my bunnies best. Snowdrop is very agressive to any other bunny- 2 rescuses tried to bond her and failed. Strawbs would bond but is so dominant he would stress Bungle out too much if they were together!

Some buns don't bond.

Aw Jane, bless you for trying. I know how you feel.

When Katie was poorly last week, I brought Cassie over her side. Cassie went straight up to her and started to lick her ears, face :love: In the next breath as bad as Katy felt she turned round to have a go at Cassie (she does this when she is well). Even if we tried her with a different bun I don't think Kate would accept them and yet she was so loved up with Homer so I think her and Lydia feel the same. Our girls are obviously one man girls :love:

Back