• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shocking ...

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Shocking statistics ...

Its now 16th October ... so thats 2 weeks and 2 days into October ...and so far this month we have turned away 35 rabbits looking for rescue space .

In this same time frame we have taken in 5 rabbits , with 2 more coming in today .

Oh I wish you were nearer as the rescue near me has spaces for some more little fluff pots.

Dreadful Angie..and really sad to say we can beat that awful figure
in the 6-7 weeks up to the end of August this year..we turned away 138 :shock: rabbits..we think holidays were to blame for quite a few but also noticed the increase in multiples wanting to be surrendered " can you take 9 rabbits? " etc :cry:

it is so very sad..I hope your phone only rings with people wanting to adopt for the next week xx

Dreadful Angie..and really sad to say we can beat that awful figure
in the 6-7 weeks up to the end of August this year..we turned away 138 :shock: rabbits..we think holidays were to blame for quite a few but also noticed the increase in multiples wanting to be surrendered " can you take 9 rabbits? " etc :cry:

it is so very sad..I hope your phone only rings with people wanting to adopt for the next week xx

:(

We have had to turn away a lot too,
Lots of older, indoor buns, we dont have the space for indoor buns :(
One is going to keep her boy until the spring and then he is coming to us, its heartbreaking

Back