• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter training.....

Are they neutered? Neutered buns are easier to litter train as they don't feel the need to mark and spray everywhere.

A large litter tray (many, including me, use 32L storage boxes or large underfed storage boxes as when rabbits wee they raise their bums very high and normal litter trays are usually peed over! I to mine for £3.50 from wilkos :thumb:)

Line the litter tray with newspaper or a wood based cat litter and fill it with hay :thumb: rabbits like to eat while they toilet so this is the best and most effective way :thumb: I use 6 bits of newspaper and this is fine for my pair and singleton, they are cleaned every day though. Poppy has wood based cat litter as she doesn't eat hay so hers is done every other day :)

first things first, are they neutered? It isnt impossible but you will probably struggle if they aren't neutered :wave:

no there not ..... yet!! there outside buns, so its just for when there in the house if thats poss?

no there not ..... yet!! there outside buns, so its just for when there in the house if thats poss?

If they are outside rabbits, you have to be very careful about bringing them indoors, particularly as the weather is now so much colder, because of the difference in temperature - which they can't tolerate.

If they are outside rabbits, you have to be very careful about bringing them indoors, particularly as the weather is now so much colder, because of the difference in temperature - which they can't tolerate.

yes im aware of that, theyve got the run of the conservatory, its vry chilly in there!!

I found Spenser litter-trained himself, but he never really showed signs of being hormonal. He's neutered now, but was litter trained long before. He always went to the same spot in the hutch, and when I added a basin there, he went in it to do his business. I then just brought the basin into the conservatory when he was having indoor time, and he would hop in when he felt the need.

I found Spenser litter-trained himself, but he never really showed signs of being hormonal. He's neutered now, but was litter trained long before. He always went to the same spot in the hutch, and when I added a basin there, he went in it to do his business. I then just brought the basin into the conservatory when he was having indoor time, and he would hop in when he felt the need.

its not the end of the world if they dont learn how to, just would b handy. one of them keeps hopping in doin a poo then hopping out n finishing on the floor! lol

Back