• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaning bunnies legs....

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Can anyone give me advice as to how I can safely clean the backs of Floppys legs....

With all the running about the grass and the wet slab, the backs of his wee legs are filthy..

I am still a bit anxious about lifting him and holding him correctly.. if someone could give me an idiots guide that would be fab.. is there a rabbit shampoo?

thanks (again)
fee x

My Stu is white and lives to get grubby feet and legs, but when in his hutch over night he has a full wash and is white again by morning, unless its thick mud I would let Floppy wash them himself:thumb:

Thanks!!!!!

i wasn't sure what to do. He spends a lot of time grooming but never manages to clean them properly. Our garden is a total shambles with all the rain...

Fee x

Our garden is also a mess with all the rain - we get very soggy, muddy areas and puddles that for some reason the bunnies like to splash through :roll:. However, they usually stop at some point and lick their feet clean afterwards ... ewww. I would honestly advise against washing your bunnies' feet; they are more than well-equipped to do it themselves :)

Back