• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Monday Morning Shock

Janey

Warren Veteran
I have had a lot of trouble recently with a failed trio bond. Anyway, they seemed to have settled into sharing a room (apart from Poppy weeing around the barrier that splits them). As a result I took a trip to Ikea yesterday to replace all the rugs I threw away when 'neutralising'. So, bunny room was deep cleaned and I was even more thrilled when hours later there was no evidence of weeing.

This morning I walked into their room and saw what I thought was Peter digging at his new rug. I then realised that in fact no, he wasn't digging his rug, he was humping Pixie who had apparently cleared the barrier into my pair. She had shown no attempt to jump before but was quite happy sitting next to them through the bars.

Checked Poppy when giving meds and she seems to be fine, the others look ok, I think they were humping rather than fighting, I have no idea how long she had been in there but I don't recon it was very long. Pixie is now confined in her dog crate and is very unhappy in there which is not like her at all, it makes me sad because all she wants is a friend, she will groom Peter through the bars :(

What a surprise!

Just a thought, but if they were all okay and no fighting, maybe they're ready to live as a trio now? Sometimes living next to each other can be a slow-bonding method. I don't know the history of your buns, and you would probably need to supervise them for a while to be sure they were okay together.

What a surprise!

Just a thought, but if they were all okay and no fighting, maybe they're ready to live as a trio now? Sometimes living next to each other can be a slow-bonding method. I don't know the history of your buns, and you would probably need to supervise them for a while to be sure they were okay together.

Thanks for the advice.

To be honest I didn't leave them together long enough to see their behaviour together, a bit of chasing started so I removed Pixie.

Poppy is the problem bunny and she didn't really seem to be involved (interestingly), they have only been side by side a couple of weeks since the failed bond so perhaps I will leave them apart a bit longer and see how it goes. Their bond worked for over a week then suddenly broke, I don't have the nerves to try it again quite yet, nearly sent me over the edge :lol:

Back