• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionhead owners

I was about to get a little lionhead cross, but I can't have animals more than 5.5 lbs in the house so I didn't get him... Now I'm regretting it even more... :'(

Rosie is a lion head X and last time the vets checked she was about 3.5-4 Kg (can't remember exactly). That would be about 8.8 lbs at the heaviest

Depends on whether they are a cross. Spenser is around the 3kg mark, but he is a cross. His Mum was a dark brown lionhead, rather smaller than Spenser. I assume Dad (who I didn't meet) was a larger bun!

Thanks everyone! This guy I was thinking on getting was a cross, so I'm sure he would have been bigger than I could have. Thanks everyone.

Thankyou :)
Yeah it just depends on what they were crossed with. If you don't know the breeding then you can never tell quite how big they will get. I have no idea what Rosie has in her. She was tiny when we first got her as a baby but she grew a huge amount in a short space of time which was a bit of a shock.

Thankyou :)
Yeah it just depends on what they were crossed with. If you don't know the breeding then you can never tell quite how big they will get. I have no idea what Rosie has in her. She was tiny when we first got her as a baby but she grew a huge amount in a short space of time which was a bit of a shock.

Yea, I don't know what he was crossed with. But he had the prettiest lilac eyes!

Google has a built in converter and calculator. If you just type what you want into the search bar (ie 1kg in lbs) it will show up in a box

4kg is 8.8 lbs

3kg is 6.6 lbs

2kg is 4.4 lbs

1kg is 2.2 lbs

Yoshi is a lion lop he weighs about 2.8kg
Tiggs lion lop weight 2.75kg
Gizmo lion lop x angora 2.5kg
Alex Netherland dwarf x Rex 2.2kg

The heaviest yoshi and tiggs normally get over a cold winter is about 3.1kg but that's rare

Bobo is a lionhead cross who knows what and he's grown to be a big boy - about 3.5kgs now.

Harley is a purebred lionhead and won't get much bigger than she is now - at about 1.6kgs.

It's very difficult I think with a lionhead cross - Bobo was a wee little boy, but he grew and grew and grew....

Back