• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Theo!

:wave: Hi, some of you will already know his story... but this is Theo and I'd like to introduce him to you all:

baby_zpsfdfee950.jpg

I fell in love with him at Mirfield Agricultural show when he was 9 weeks old. :( He was being shown off on the petting table and children kept picking him and his siblings up and dropping them. :? :cry: Me and Carys (Wally4Eva on RU) got all 4 baby dutchies and a few other buns and sat in a quiet area with them so they couldn't get scared. We stayed with them for ages. Then little Theo started snuggling up in my arms. He was perfect and then he licking me! I felt awful leaving him! :( May sound stupid but it felt like we'd bonded. There was a rescue bunny I was hoping to adopt from my local RSPCA so as much as I wanted Theo, I didn't want to let the rescue bun down. So I said goodbye to Theo and went home.

So the next day I went to the rescue with my mum; we filled out the adoption form and we were so excited! Then a man at the rescue came and told us that we couldn't adopt the rescue rabbit because that bun had never seen a male rabbit before so they thought he wouldn't bond with my male and female pair. :evil: I was so furious and upset as they wouldn't even attempt it!! So I left in tears thinking I'd not only lost the rescue bun but Theo as well. :cry:

I tried to forget about Theo and I did quite well to! That was until exactly a month later when I had a horrible thought about him ending up somewhere alone, cold, scared and forgotten about. I felt sick so on a whim, contacted his owner. I didn't expect them to still have him but they did and said he was going to go to the pet shop that week. So whether I got him or not he was still going to be sold from there... So I either got him or allowed him to join the pet shop chain. How could I let him go to the pet shop when I was in love with that little bunny and could afford/have space for him? I would feel so guilty letting him go to somewhere where he'd most likely have an awful life!! So I went to pick him up. I'm so glad I did because he is lovely and so happy now and I know that I can give him a happy life. :love: I do feel that bit of guilt that I didn't rescue but I can't say I didn't try first?! I'm currently looking for a job though and pledge to donate to a different rescue every month to help them out. :) I know people will hate me for my decision of getting Theo but there's nothing nicer than seeing him happy, i'm so glad he's out of the tiny cage he was kept in.

He is 16 weeks old, was vaccinated on Friday and will be neutered in a few weeks and hopefully will bond with my pair. :love:

teo1_zps80f25d02.jpg

DSCF7097_zpsf22d09f3.jpg

DSCF7119_zps70cb5309.jpg

DSCF7099_zpsb3eb1410.jpg

DSCF7030_zps32587ba9.jpg

Bunny botty! :lol:

DSCF7143_zpsa8199e0d.jpg

Last edited:
He's gorgeous, and in a way you did rescue him from having to endure the pet shop experience and potentially an awful home! I particualrlt like his bunny bottom shots.. :lol::love::love:

He's gorgeous :love: I'm sure people won't hate you for buying him the way you did!

In a way I find that quite sad, I've seen that a fair few times recently about people being worried about getting buns from breeders because of the way people would react on here. I bought my rabbits from a breeder and rescued my elder bun from a petshop. I'm not afraid to admit that and I don't regret it at all. No-one, and I mean no-one, has the right to tell anyone they HAVE to adopt, or even make them feel bad about buying from a breeder/shop. Sometimes it is for the best NOT to go to a rescue, like in your case because the rescue fell through so you bought from a breeder. I, for one, would be deeply saddened and shocked if anyone told you you did the wrong thing here and they hate you for it. I know this forum has a lot of rescues as members but I do not have a problem with breeders as long as they are responsible, and you shouldn't feel guilty for buying from one! Theo is very lucky to have you as his owner, you care an awful lot for your bunnies and I think that you did the RIGHT thing buying from a breeder in this case! :D :love:

spent such a long time re-typing this, hope it makes sense :oops:

He's gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to get him. I remember reading about you leaving him and then not being able to get the rescue bunny and I felt so bad for you. What a happy ending! :D

Nobody should feel guilty wherever they get their pets from and definitely shouldn't be judged. U have to feel that special something about them, u know when it's the right one. Rescuing is of course a great thing to do but its not always for everybody. Whats important is that you love and care for them well when uv got them. Obviously he was meant to be urs, he is absolutely gorgeous!! Oh and I'm glad I'm not the only one who turns to baby name books to name pets :lol: Good choice :thumb:

He's gorgeous :love: I'm sure people won't hate you for buying him the way you did!

In a way I find that quite sad, I've seen that a fair few times recently about people being worried about getting buns from breeders because of the way people would react on here. I bought my rabbits from a breeder and rescued my elder bun from a petshop. I'm not afraid to admit that and I don't regret it at all. No-one, and I mean no-one, has the right to tell anyone they HAVE to adopt, or even make them feel bad about buying from a breeder/shop. Sometimes it is for the best NOT to go to a rescue, like in your case because the rescue fell through so you bought from a breeder. I, for one, would be deeply saddened and shocked if anyone told you you did the wrong thing here and they hate you for it. I know this forum has a lot of rescues as members but I do not have a problem with breeders as long as they are responsible, and you shouldn't feel guilty for buying from one! Theo is very lucky to have you as his owner, you care an awful lot for your bunnies and I think that you did the RIGHT thing buying from a breeder in this case! :D :love:

spent such a long time re-typing this, hope it makes sense :oops:

:thumb:

He is beautiful!

I had a similar dilemma, I got my Harry from the adoption centre at Pets at Home. I didn't want to support that horrible shop but I was in love too and my heart won over my head. I don't regret it either.

He is lovely and beautifully marked does if have a bit of grey/blue to him?
His nose looks a bit sore in the close up pic has he scratched himself in the excitement of a new home?

What a beautiful boy he is and like others.... Oooh i so love his little tail......... soooooooo
sweet

All the very best, he looks as if he hs won a watch with you

Fee x

Thank you! :)

He is lovely and beautifully marked does if have a bit of grey/blue to him?
His nose looks a bit sore in the close up pic has he scratched himself in the excitement of a new home?

Thank you, yes I believe he's blue, yellow and white! :love:

I did wonder this when I took the photo but it's not sore. :) It's just such a close up photo that you can see past the fur. :shock: It wouldn't have surprised me of he had scratched his nose though, little rascal doesn't stop moving. :lol: I had a good look at him and he's fine and the vet didn't see a problem when he had the health check either. :)

:love: He is beautiful, glad you managed to get him. I remember his original story.

I thought his nose looked a bit pink too, maybe keep a close eye on it to make sure it doesn't get worse in case he has knocked it in his excitement.

Back