• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buk wee....

pam1

Young Bun
hi all, ive got 2 boy bunnies, always had girls. is buk wee alot stronger smelling then does? ive just had them in my conservatory this aft n ive had to scrub
the flagged floor, smelly!!! any suggestions for cleaning after them? thanks

They will be starting to mature, which means they will scent. When they are neutered this will hopefully improve, but not always.

Distilled vinegar can be a good tool for cleaning away urine (but check it on a small area first because it can bleach some surfaces/materials).

You might want to have a look through my website, under the Rabbit Care Articles, because that might give you some info that might be useful, generally :) www.flashsplace.webs.com

no there not yet, at what age can i have them neutered??

When their bits drop, which will be around 12 weeks or so. However, it can be earlier and you will need to keep a close eye on their behavious and split them if they get too hormonal with each other.

At about 4months ish. It depends on the vet, the buns need time to sexually mature (their balls need to drop!) also they need to reach adult ish size so they cope with the anasthetic as well as they possibly can. Different vets make different judgement calls on this so I can't really be more specific.

If your bucks are spraying and being very smelly I would imagine that they have either reached sexual maturity or are getting close (I am guessing tho here!)

When their bits drop, which will be around 12 weeks or so. However, it can be earlier and you will need to keep a close eye on their behavious and split them if they get too hormonal with each other.

thanks for ur advice :D:D:D:D

At about 4months ish. It depends on the vet, the buns need time to sexually mature (their balls need to drop!) also they need to reach adult ish size so they cope with the anasthetic as well as they possibly can. Different vets make different judgement calls on this so I can't really be more specific.

If your bucks are spraying and being very smelly I would imagine that they have either reached sexual maturity or are getting close (I am guessing tho here!)

thanks for your advice and help:D:D:D:D

Back