• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anybody had a renewal of a Pets@Home pet insurance policy yet?

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Anybody else one year in and renewing/renewed?

I've just got my first one for Rudy and it's gone up from £81 to £91.94. I did get 5% on line discount but it's still gone up £5 which seems a lot. That in itself isn't a big deal but they've changed the cover from "Life" to "Premium", this in effect means that I am expected to pay not only the excess (still £75) but also 10% of the bill.:? :? I am furious because I specifically rang and asked them if there would ever be a percentage of the bill to pay because I'd read that some Pet Plan policies have this extra. One of the factors that led me to choose Pets@Home was this and they've backtracked :evil::evil:

So, by the time I now weigh up cost of premium, cost of excess, level of cover then this 10%, it tips the balance I actually think that Pet Plan is more appropriate cover for me. Pet Plan also do monthly DD but you don't have to get caught up in a credit agreement which I just will not do for an insurance policy, so I've been paying p@H policies annually.

I just thought it was worth flagging up in case forewarning others may be of use.

I'd noticed that was the case when I looked at insurance for Buttons, also that it only covers conditions for 12 months from the first instance, or that's what I got out of the T&Cs... in which case what's the point of having insurance if it's not going to cover the condition for life?? Waste of money IMO... Might as well go for one that will actually offer it for life.

I'd noticed that was the case when I looked at insurance for Buttons, also that it only covers conditions for 12 months from the first instance, or that's what I got out of the T&Cs... in which case what's the point of having insurance if it's not going to cover the condition for life?? Waste of money IMO... Might as well go for one that will actually offer it for life.

It's still definitely a 'life time' policy (I panicked and re-read!) but just called 'Premier' to indicate the 10% extra I have to pay. The level of cover is still £1.5K too.

Back