• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick (and probably silly) question RE lionhead x

Azucena

Alpha Buck
I've had Humphrey about three months now and his mane has been growing quite a bit (his previous owner used to trim/cut it).

My question is.. How frequently do you brush your lionhead cross rabbits? I found a very small tat whilst brushing him today so I figure he might need brushing more now his mane is starting to fill in.

Thanks for any help. :D

As often as they need to be honest. I've got a lionhead who doesn't need grooming at all because he and his wife do it all themselves, and one who can sometimes get straggly and needs some help, so just judge your bunny on what his needs are. If you think he needs it more often, then do it more often :) Or just check every day and groom when he needs it, something like that.

I brush Buckley when he's moulting just to shift his loose hair. When he's not I just tease snarls out of his mane with my fingers. If you twiddle a snarl between your thumb and index finger gently they usually untangle :)

Spenser just needs his mane combing daily when he is in heavy moult. I do keep an eye on it though, as I once had the most awful tat develop right next to his skin - took ages to get out.

I only really brush Rosie when she is malting. Other then that I will run my hand through her fur, taking out any loose bits of hair and looking for knots or whatever but I never seem find any on her

I never had to brush gypsy's mane at all, it stayed nive and tangle free, but just lately it has become matted :cry: she is 8 and a half now

As often as they need to be honest. I've got a lionhead who doesn't need grooming at all because he and his wife do it all themselves, and one who can sometimes get straggly and needs some help, so just judge your bunny on what his needs are. If you think he needs it more often, then do it more often :) Or just check every day and groom when he needs it, something like that.

Perfect answer.:thumb:

Frankie has the help of Estelle. She absolutely loves grooming Frankie...aka Titchy Trousers.:love::love:

Bobo - only when he's moulting as he's not too bad.

Harley on the other hand --- should be everyday really but sometimes just don't feel up to the fight...her mane is very fine but lots of it and gets tangled and matted very easily so try as I might not to hurt her - I think it does hurt when I brush her. I tend to now just cut out the matted bits.....need to get a bunny hairdresser in to sort her out... ;-)

Back