• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I thought you'd understand why I'm upset!

MotherPanda

Warren Scout
On my local freecycle, just seen an offer for an albino rabbit, needs to rehome as no longer have space... 4 months old.

That means that if they got the poor rabbit from a pet shop or breeder, they've had that rabbit at most for 8 weeks. How can you run out of space in 8 weeks?!

:censored::censored::censored:

Poor thing, Hope it finds a nice home and doesn't end up as ferret food, should I message the owner warning them? or just leave well alone.

I don't know if I live in a particularly bad area for pets but I see a lot of animals on freecycle. Not sure If I should be asking them to stop, as I worry people who wanted rid would do then.

What I need is a higher paying job ... and more land ...

Yes, Ferrets are used for rabbiting (putting down rabbit holes and running the rabbits out)

My mum was offered 4 lionxlops today as the lady bred and couldnt 'get rid'

Needless to say mum found all 4 homes (in 2 pairs) within about an hour, and they are already in their new homes.

I think the problem is probably that they think a rabbit is a pet that doesn't need much work. And then they realise how difficult they can be to look after.

I was speaking to a lady today for a doggy matter but she runs a petshop in Norfolk which sells rabbits and guinea pigs...I kind of gasped a little as I have mixed feelings on the sale of live animals (more against than for), it turns out she vets all of her customers and asks to see pictures of the bunny accommodation. If it doesn't meet her standards or she doesn't like them...they don't get them (she said she only sells in pairs or to go with a friend). She didn't know we have Poppy or how I feel on the matter so was genuine. Isn't it a shame not all petshops vet their customers like that?

:evil: I had a call recently to ask if I could help to rehome two 10 week old sisters......they didn't want them any more.....so, at most, they'd had them 2 or 3 weeks.

Some people....words fail me....:censored:

Back