• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What toys do your bunnies have?

first78

Young Bun
As I'm a new bunny owner I wanted to ask what toys people have for their rabbits. Autumn has a little wooden table, a wicker type ball and a tunnel that she loves charging through!! Just wanted some inspiration on what else to get her so I can spoil her rotten!! :D

I'm a new bunny owner too so I think I might be a little over the top, but I can't help spoiling them! They have lots of different wooden blocks, sticks, carrot wedges, treat balls, chewable paper tubes, canvas tunnels, a plastic tunnel, mineral blocks, plastic igloo, chewable woven ball, chewable woven stick with wooden blocks on the end, cardboard boxes, insides of toilet rolls, empty cat litter trays (they dig in these!) and their favourite thing to play with......my skirting board!!! Love 'em!!! :love:

Their favourite toy of all time so far has been a phone book. They'll spend hours ripping it apart. Typical - you could get them the nicest toys in the world and they'd be more interested in the box it came in! So I don't really bother with buying much, they have a chewwy/hidey tube, a wooden block garland, hard plastic balls, thick rope balls, those carrot/sweetcorn toys covered in paper with dried treats inside, a hard plastic mini dumbbell because OH thought it would be hilarious to put it on Jessie's head :roll:

Other than that I give them loo roll tubes, cardboard boxes, phonebooks. Anything they can ruin, really.

Mine have tunnels, boxes, chew/toss toys etc.

I also get old toilet rolls and stuff them with hay and treats and they play with those too :D

Mine have had sooo many toys, and have barely bothered with any of them!!! They have got a tree thingy http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=65&pf_id=53736&co=fr but they don't really bother with it - I got them it for christmas last year and they have only chewed two carrots off it all year!

They have this tunnel http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002PIUXN4/ref=asc_df_B002PIUXN410127338?smid=A3ISHPKX3KIM0F&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22218&creativeASIN=B002PIUXN4 its actually their second one cos they chewed the first! :lol:

They love cardboard tunnels http://www.deemillen.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=195_112&products_id=518&osCsid=de1263ebb9338dae335adb3a13b1d818 this was their favourite, lasted about 4 months till they realised they could chew it, then they ate it in a week :shock:

This is the only thing they LOVE they have one each http://www.wackypets.co.uk/product.asp?ProductID=1037

they have various little toys too (too many to list) but they really only chuck them round if I put them where they don't want them to go :lol:

They LOVE LOVE LOVE these balls from wilko http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/guinea-pig-food+hutches/wilko-large-seagrass-funball-for-small-animals/invt/0303670/?htxt=%2FUvRjc0xAaKk26JwgsxcsV6E2gjpK53ITJCPcypNRrR6jhjYX3SDlEUFWaOdTpLU0xVcTayKYYOc%0Aw4t9gBa9qg%3D%3D

Their favourite thing is cardboard boxes with holes cut in them (then they add their own, it becomes their project until they're happy with it) and kitchen roll tubes filled with hay herbs and treats :D

Mine have various toys but the only thing Barney likes is the ball that dispenses food (I use Oxbow food and as its small pieces it works really well), otherwise he chooses household items or shoes! My outside buns will chew wood blocks when they are new, but then get bored of them and now and then I buy them hay tunnels or willow balls etc but they generally last 24hrs max! They have a bendy wooden log tunnel that I got from PAH (think its by naturals) that they love. My sister bought them a plastic rattle last christmas which i didnt think they would like but they love it! They like to throw it around to make the noise (they can pick it up easily) and because its really hard plastic they cant damage it. I think she got it from a pound shop or something like that!

Other than that, they like platic flower pots:roll: again cause they can pick them up and throw them!

Sometimes the simplest of toys are the ones they love the most. Mine love big carton boxes they can chew and sit on and throw around (it's impressive to see a tiny bun chuck a massive box) and the yellow pages we got the other day. Completely ripped to pieces.

You can put news paper down and Watson will go mental. She loves ripping it to pieces.

Peter has 2 tunnels (a pop up one in his run and a cardboard one in his hutch), plastic igloo (that he can't fit into so just flips it around the place!), rabbit chewy rattle thing, jingly ball, seagrass ball.

His favourite toy though has to be a simple cardboard box :roll:

The only toys that I have bought all mine and they actually use are the green expandanble tunnels :thumb: They like willow/sea grass balls and baskets as they eat/destroy them! :lol: Apart from that i tend to make their toys out of carboard boxes, tubes, egg boxes etc etc etc and change them constantly to keep them busy :thumb:

My buns have each other so dont really play with toys. A cardboard box is always a winner. They have a tunnel which they love, they always seem to want to destroy it when I watching a film thus making a lot of noise.

We play with them a lot as a family. Alvin the little boy loves tig and tag.

The only toys that I have bought all mine and they actually use are the green expandanble tunnels :thumb: They like willow/sea grass balls and baskets as they eat/destroy them! :lol: Apart from that i tend to make their toys out of carboard boxes, tubes, egg boxes etc etc etc and change them constantly to keep them busy :thumb:

Ooh what do you do with egg boxes? Hide treats within them?? sounds like the sort of thing Peter would love :D

My 2 like plastic small plant pots, they just chuck them around, they also have a treat ball, its for dogs but they dont mind:oops: I put their pellets in it sometimes

We've probably had most of the commercial toys at some point. Most of them go ignored and end up buried at the bottom of a litter tray then thrown out during cleaning!

Some that have lasted are jingle balls and baby link rings, Jura likes those.

Jura tossing her toy by Niseag, on Flickr

Mostly though, they like long green tunnels and cardboard boxes. Toilet rolls stuffed with hay are also fun sometimes.

Toys

I have never bought my bunnies toys.
I just give them house hold items like newspapers, toilet roll tubes and my dad brings these big card bored tubes home from work and they love running through them and then destroying them also I found a spare roof tile ans laid 2 bricks down put the tile in top and they love going through it :D

rabbit toys

Like the roof tile idea. All I need now is to find one... Mine love cardboard boxes and paper. They eat so much newspaper. I hide pellets in their hay box and they enjoy rumaging around for that. I LOVE watching them!

Boris loves throwing around toilet roll holders and moving cardboard boxes around in his run. I recently got him a large seagrass ball, but that turned into a pile of seagrass string overnight :shock:

I'm currently waiting for him to "discover" the 9" willow ring I put in there last week - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Happy-Pet-W...JG88/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1355607966&sr=8-1 - as soon as he does I expect to find that in pieces one morning. :roll:

Everything else I have tried with him got ignored. He occasionally turns his attention to newspaper and goes on a shredding session, but that's hit and miss.

Mine really like cardboard boxes but they actually eat them so they don't get them often. I also have puppy chew rings because my buck likes to throw them about. Plant pots are fun too, and they love the green tunnels. Ive got jingle balls as well.

Mostly they like stuff like newspaper and other bits that others have said. But like I say, they tend to injest it...

Mine have those link rings too, it's one of things that does get thrown around from time to time unlike other toys I've tried. I find changing stuff round is the best thing to keep their interest.

Back