• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mmmmmm cabbage...my 2 new bunnis. arthur and charlie xxxx

pam1

Young Bun
DSC_0133_zps444d3819.jpg

Oh bless them, what wee darlings! :love:

I wouldn't give them too much cabbage, as it can cause gassy tummies in bunnies. They certainly look very pleased with their lunch though!

thats all the freshies theyve had today, what else can they have that isnt to gassy for there lil tums??

I always find it so hard to know how much to feed of things like cabbage when people say 'a little' or 'not too much' It's a but like the how long is a piece of string thing! I tend to be quite cautious, this morning I shared 1 large cabbage leaf between 4 bunnies, a guinea pig and a hamster! And I was still worried it was too much :roll: Just been out foraging apple and hawthorn leaves, the dandelions and plantain etc r starting to dwindle a bit now :(
Lovely bunnies btw :wave:

I always find it so hard to know how much to feed of things like cabbage when people say 'a little' or 'not too much' It's a but like the how long is a piece of string thing! I tend to be quite cautious, this morning I shared 1 large cabbage leaf between 4 bunnies, a guinea pig and a hamster! And I was still worried it was too much :roll: Just been out foraging apple and hawthorn leaves, the dandelions and plantain etc r starting to dwindle a bit now :(
Lovely bunnies btw :wave:

eeeeek! so 2 leaves is to much?????? theyve devoured them now!! ye there very cute arent they. :D:D:D:D:D

eeeeek! so 2 leaves is to much?????? theyve devoured them now!! ye there very cute arent they. :D:D:D:D:D

I don't know this is what I mean :oops: It's hard to know what is meant by not too much! U c rabbits at petting farms etc with whole or half cabbages :roll: Not saying its right but I'm sure they'll be fine with their 2 leaves :lol: I think I'm just over cautious!!

I don't know this is what I mean :oops: It's hard to know what is meant by not too much! U c rabbits at petting farms etc with whole or half cabbages :roll: Not saying its right but I'm sure they'll be fine with their 2 leaves :lol: I think I'm just over cautious!!

thats fine, any advice is welcome!! :D

They're lovely. :)
It depends on the rabbit about food. Smoo has an iron stomach and can quite happily have two huge leaves of cabbage to herself, whereas other rabbits get a lot of gas. Just give a small amount of all new food and see how they do. :wave:

Back