• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
At what temperature does everyone deploy them?

I've just bought one as the temperature is dropping fast. It's going to 4 degrees Celsius overnight tonight so perhaps it's cold enough now?

Having said that Harvey spent all winter last year outside with no partner and no snugglesafe, just some extra straw as bedding, so maybe it should be reserved for only super cold temps or they might get accustomed to it and then it'll be worse if it breaks, or the microwave breaks, or I'm stupid and forget it.......

How do you all use yours?

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. It's probably best to wait until overnight temperatures are tending close to zero degrees, as then they will really feel the benefit. I must admit when Spenser was outdoors I probably gave him his snugglesafe far too early in the year, but he is a single rabbit and didn't have the warmth of a friend to snuggle.

I will probably give mine theirs when it reaches about 5 and below. Pebbles has quite short hair so I am mainly worried about him then fluffball Rosie

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to this. It's probably best to wait until overnight temperatures are tending close to zero degrees, as then they will really feel the benefit. I must admit when Spenser was outdoors I probably gave him his snugglesafe far too early in the year, but he is a single rabbit and didn't have the warmth of a friend to snuggle.

Yeh I'm less worried about them because they have eachother and they snuggle a lot, I'm checking their ears every morning and evening to make sure they're not too cold! So far not too bad! I wish I could get them to wear bunny ear muffs :p

I will probably give mine theirs when it reaches about 5 and below. Pebbles has quite short hair so I am mainly worried about him then fluffball Rosie

Harvey's all fluffy so he should be ok :) Lilly has short hair though :( also Harvey is 450g lighter than he was last winter so has less fat to keep him warm now :( (that was health weight loss though as last year he was overweight!)

I think I'll be waiting a bit longer, I may find it super cold outside at night but I suppose those two have nice winter coats on :)

Back