• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does Nibbles do this?

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
I've noticed that whenever Nibbles is eating his greens (be it mint, parsley or even a bit of apple) he drags it out of his cage, and then he eats it. Is there a reason that rabbits would do this? Or is just Nibbles being an odd bun? I'm baffled! He doesn't do it with his pellets and he doesn't do it very often with hay. It's a bit strange :shock: I mean sometimes he'll eat it in the cage but he seems to prefer eating it outside of it...

Does he live by himself or with another bun? Olly runs off with yummy things like carrot or banana, but I think that's just so Honey can't steal it off him :lol:

Does he live by himself or with another bun? Olly runs off with yummy things like carrot or banana, but I think that's just so Honey can't steal it off him :lol:

He's by himself at the moment (hopefully he'll be back with his sister in time for Christmas :thumb:) which is why I can't understand why he runs off with it :lol:

My bunny always did this and he lived alone too...

I never understood it myself as I'm not partial to raw leaves and I was often the only other person in the room!

Bunnies are as individual as us humans. Some folk like eating their tea whilst watching tv, some like to sit at a table.

Each to their own. :D:D:D

Bunnies don't realise that if we give them something, it theirs and we don't want t back. Bunnies think that we may pinch it back off them. Mine only run off with bits of parsnipor the ferungreek crunchies!

Our dog does this. She'll take a mouthful of kibble and run off and eat, then get more and do the same. Takes her twice as long to eat as it normally would! The buns don't do it though. They share just fine.

Spenser does this with chunky foods, like bits of carrot. I think it's quite funny; it's as if he wants to enjoy his treat in private or is frightened I might take it back. He doesn't do it with pellets either.

Back