• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lily readmitted and decision to move hunnybunny in with merlin and phoebe.

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
Poor Lily munster.....i got her back thursday morning...a lovely birthday pressie. She seemed to be ok..bit reserved and not ravenous....
I went to give her metacam friday night with metaclopramide and zantac as shed not got a great appetite and i medicated her for her tummy. Before she went in last week she was flopped in my arms and i thought she was dying.
Late friday night well saturday morning early hours id given her the meds and she fought a bit but then went flop in my arms again.....nikki came in and lily jumped down and tried to run off! i caught her and she kay on her side in my arms again.
The problem is since i got her in the summer of 2011 shes always been cuddly...she fell asleep in ours many a time...even in my mums arms twice and karen (rhianna) on the foot of my bed when she came up to see her once. Lily i was told was a very snuggly bun....and she is but shes also very psycho with it!! shes craftier than the cats and is never wrong lol.
But it scared me...i think it gave me flashes back to years of medicating and finally losing my darling girlie Bif.
But i knew id just medicated her and i was cuddling her as she felt cold..she and merlin get cold very quickly and a long cuddle gets them warm and they're ok. Merlin has phoebe to snuggle now so its not as bad for him now. The vets wouldn't do any different and her tummy wasn't distended like it was even though it was only slightly distended and firm when she was in at the vets.
I was extremely lucky that billy was on in the morning...i got lily to her for just after midday...and she was shocked to see her again. Shed been eating and pooing before discharge but thats what always happens to merlin too. I said shed had a little nibble of about six protexin pellets and that was it...nt eating hay and the fresh mint she normally snaffles down she ate a teeny bit then back in her litter tray and repeat. she wouldnt leave that tray either.
Lilys poos she did do were small and very dry and hard...and flat..like a squashed ball of pastry.
So the vets given her the usual metaclop...metacam and zantac injections...and will give her some fluids.
The senior vet is on today i think....problem is theres another jonathon there....and hes the one i refuse to see after what happended with lily and bluebell in his hands...hes a partner vet but acts like a kid pretending..obviously he has no regular experience with bunnies...but senior partner vet he should
have! Im hoping its the snr head vet....hes the one who advised two weeks of zantac for lily last time.

We have made the descision to move hunnybunny into nikkis room in a pen...and slow bond her to phebe and merlin. But if its too stressful for merlin and his gut problem....then we will have tomput her back in my room. But we think hunnybunny would be better off trying to bond than sp,itting the hours out in my room between her and lily. Besides which hunnybunnys obviously top bun over lily as shes rotted my carpet peeing all the time outside lilys cage door. i say rotted...i keep cleaning it but she wees faster than i can clean! nikkis room has lino on her floor.
phoebes the wee wee bun in my bedroom doorway out on the landing.
so im getting the carpets ripped up hopefully asap and binned...then cheap offcuts of lino laid on the floorboards of the landing and my bedroom floor. Also having stair carpet removed....my hoover cannot cope with them neither can i lol.

when Lily comes home i want her to stay in my room with me if its possible without hunnbunny. Then it'd just be Lily and the cats. she chases them if they're in bed having a cuddle with me...its freya shes jealous of and vice versa when it comes to cuddles in bed with me...sibling rivalry lol.

its a common sight now..Lilys cage minus lily...no snoring and cooing from her in her sleep. I told the vet I've had a bad feeling since she went to the vets the other day and got admitted. So i hope its not a permanent sight.
ive had bunnies far sicker than lily i know..especially merlin. but because of merlin i know what to look for in lily they both have strictures in their gi tracts. So have i become too blase....or do i worry too much.....both!
i vowed id never try two dies in a bond ever again esp with two bossy does...but i think if i can at east try..phoebe and hunnybunny can both look after merlin and merlin will wash her eyes for her....or they will fight constantly.
Any advice gladly taken on board.

Am at work so can't write much but just wanted to send lots and lots of vibes for Lily.

I am around all this coming week if you need a lift anywhere or a hand with medication for anybun.

xxxx

Back