• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Orla's new husbuns

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
They are so cute and soft and fluffy. I don't think I have ever seen such tiny tots before :love::love:
We got them from Buddies Bunny Rescue near Edinburgh and its an amazing rescue, the enclosures are fantastic and there were so many cute buns. Natalie who runs the rescue is really lovely too, she is definitely a bunny person :D The place is my idea of bunny heaven and we will definitely go back in the future :D

Orla got to meet the boys in a bonding pen at the rescue and they all did really well. She also met them face to face (as in without a bonding division) for a couple of minutes as well. The boys were neutered on Monday so naughty hormones are still present and one of them did try and hump her a little bit :oops:

Just now I have transformed Orla's run into a bonding pen and for the next couple of days we shall let them get used to each other and their new home and take it from there.

The boys are understandably a bit shy but there is a cheeky side to them just lurking under the surface :lol:

DSCF2314_zpse88d3277.jpg

DSCF2337_zpsa260a083.jpg

DSCF2347_zps338a0324.jpg

DSCF2351_zps1e63d698.jpg

DSCF2353_zps6e42cedf.jpg

DSCF2355_zps99c42936.jpg

They are lovely :love:

Watch out for referred aggression between them though, now they can see and smell a laydee Bun in close proximity ;)

They are lovely :love:

Watch out for referred aggression between them though, now they can see and smell a laydee Bun in close proximity ;)

I'm with this. I followed some bad bonding advice and put my bonded pair next to a new bun- all hell broke loose. None of the buns have managed to rebond since.

Also watch out for nipping through the bars. Bungle lost his nose when Snowdrop bit him through his dog crate costing me over £400 for it to be rebuilt!

Thank you everyone :)

Snowberry and Jane, thanks for the advice. We have been watching them closely in shifts. The boys will come indoors every night until a bond is establish as I don't trust them alone yet. I just hope it continues to go smoothly.And I still don't have any names yet :lol::lol:

Thank you everyone :)

Snowberry and Jane, thanks for the advice. We have been watching them closely in shifts. The boys will come indoors every night until a bond is establish as I don't trust them alone yet. I just hope it continues to go smoothly.And I still don't have any names yet :lol::lol:

Seamus and Finbar :D

Back