• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Reiki (and crystals) for rabbits?

elaine84

Warren Scout
Hi all I've recently heard about the healing properties of reiki and crystals/gemstones on animals and wondered if anyone has any experience of it on rabbits and if you could tell me more about it? One of my buns has arthritis and i thought it might be a good complimentary medicine. I've also heard reiki can make you ill sometimes if ridding your body of negative energy so don't want my bun to get ill. I don't really know where to start! A friend has just started learning reiki on humans and is happy to practise on my bun. Also v interested in healing properties of crystals and stones. What do you think? Thanks x

Hi, I've been doing Reiki on mine and other peoples' bunnies for a few months now. They all seem to respond extremely well.

One bunny in particular who was diagnosed with terminal cancer in May and was given 1-2 months to live is still doing well. His vet is astonished at how well he is coping.:D:D

It may just be coincidence..........................:roll:

So far though it's been a positive experience for all.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.:thumb:

Hi, I've been doing Reiki on mine and other peoples' bunnies for a few months now. They all seem to respond extremely well.

One bunny in particular who was diagnosed with terminal cancer in May and was given 1-2 months to live is still doing well. His vet is astonished at how well he is coping.:D:D

It may just be coincidence..........................:roll:

So far though it's been a positive experience for all.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.:thumb:

I do reiki also and there is nothing 'bad' about it. It can only help. I have eased my dog's arthritis with it. :love:

My mum does reiki on Grim. I don't know if it works or not but he seems to like sitting there while she does it. She does distance reiki for him too and oddly picks up on issues I don't know about. She once told me she felt pain in his teeth and jaw. He was being treated for an infection but he wasn't getting better so I went to the vets and asked about his teeth, and they needed doing.

I'm a qualified healer in spiritual healing and reiki, I also work with colours, crystals and herbs (remedies) many of my patients say they feel deeply relaxed as with all therapies (reflexology, indian head, shiatsu, massage) etc the over all aim is to relax the patient because this is when the body produces the best endorphins which are released into the body and helps fight the problem.
reiki- Reiki is a Japanese form of healing with the word meaning UNIVERSAL (Rei) LIFEFORCE ENERGY (Ki)
Reiki is another form of Spiritual healing which is channelled through a person who has been attuned to the energy. That energy can then be channelled to another being or used for self healing.
It differs from other healing as Reiki energy is automatically flowing once a person has been attuned, so it will go to anywhere it is needed without having to be sent like other forms of healing does.

Reiki was discovered by a Japanese man who lived 1865-1926 his name is Mikao Usiu and he went on to teach others how to do this technique and every Reiki healer should know and be able to trace their lineage back to Usui!

It is similar to Spiritual healing as it can be giving on a couch/chair or even distant. But the hand positions are slightly different and everything is done by the number 3!
Again anyone can do this once they are attuned and they will receive symbols which strengthen the healing in their 2nd attunement. But to practice professionally you do need insurance!

everybody experiences different things. The talking of getting ill is not that bun will be ill its that to get better as the saying goes you have to feel worse and sometimes24-48 hours after healing people feel more of the symptoms and this is because the body is releasing them, letting go and allowing them to be dispelled so they are coming to the surface.
best thing is have it donje yourself and see what happens they also tell you to have at least 3 goes as like with everyhing it takes time for your body to settle into a differnt routine if you dont see any improvement after 6 sessions then this is not the treatment for you and it is not going to help!
Look for your local healing groups nfsh as they only ask for small donation £2-3 per treatment.

Thanks all :) some interesting comments and I'm definitely interested in having it done on my bun now. Just need to find an animal reiki person in my area! Can only find those who work on humans... :(

Thanks all :) some interesting comments and I'm definitely interested in having it done on my bun now. Just need to find an animal reiki person in my area! Can only find those who work on humans... :(

Dont be scared to ask those who work with humans if they will do animals because many will and its exactly the same difference! We are all trained th same way.

Back