• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long??

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
i have just put my male rabbit in a netural play area with his new girlfriend, they have spend the last 2 weeks seeing each other through their hutches and todays meeting went really well, they were nose to nose and gently with each other, he got his way once and she just let it happen then they hopped about together again,, how many times should we let them just meet and play before we put them together in the same hutch, they will be living his hutch and run as she is only in a tempory hutch at the moment then both of them will have the run of the garden all day

Personally, I would have them in the neutral area for a minimum period of 48 hours without any set-backs or incidents before putting them in one's territory. So you need to find the time to do one long stretch.

You'll have to neutralise the hutch before putting them in, with white vinegar.

Personally, I would have them in the neutral area for a minimum period of 48 hours without any set-backs or incidents before putting them in one's territory. So you need to find the time to do one long stretch.

You'll have to neutralise the hutch before putting them in, with white vinegar.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

ok thankyou, I never thought of using white viniger, I normaly use a very weak soluition of miltion to clean them with (hutchs not buns!) , i put them together again this evening and they spend some time chasing each other then ignoring each other then cuddling up so I am hoping that it is gonna work out, I will try them together for longer tomoro.
meanwhile baby is settling indoors nicely and my partner has a big list of jobs to do over the next week or so to rabbit proof the home!

Back