• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furby still not 'right'

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Gave the buns their morning pellets. I have cut down on the amount so they eat more hay and they usually nom them within a few minutes but today Furby wasn't interested at all:(

He is a dental bun and my vet only opens for a short time on a Saturday so I wasn't going to leave it to see if he ate later. Took him to the vet and he does need a dental. Left him there and can pick him up later if all goes well. It is a really small practice with only one vet on at a time usually so I was really pleased the vet said she would do him after her surgery. I wanted him done asap but it was good I didn't have to advocate or persuade.

Furby is one of the Lymington buns and is deaf. I left him with his wife, Faye, as he would be totally lost without her. The vet on duty is a relief vet as my vet is on holiday. This vet is allergic to rabbits so has to wear a mask.

I am sitting here really worried. Can't wait to go and collect him.

Any spare vibes would be really, really appreciated.

Last edited:
Thank you all.

I picked him up less than an hour after I dropped him off. He had been given metacam, baytril and metaclop and I have recovery food to syringe him.

I had filled the litter tray in the sleeping part of the hutch with loads and loads of shredded paper and popped Furby in there with a leaf of spring greens and he immediately bounded out, down the ramp, and sat on the cold concrete of the run:( Gave him another spring green leaf and some grass and he started nomming.

I was due to go out so left him as he seemed fine. When I got back I gave him some basil I had bought and he wasn't interested. Didn't eat grass, spring greens or apple either:( Guess I am going to have to syringe feed him but it really stresses him out. Tryiing to think what else I could try to tempt him.

Some more vibes would be really appreciated as I am on-call all day tomorrow and may well be at work for ten hours. If he hasn't started eating himself by then I will have to take him to work with me - and hide him as I work for the NHS and it would definitely be frowned upon.

Hope he starts eating properly soon :(
Sorry I didnt text you back....have been in bed all day with tummy bug :(

Get well soon, Sam xxxxxx

Just got back from a friend's house with a selection of food raided from her fridge to try and tempt Furby. He has nommed some lettuce (not iceburg) - not ideal I know, but I am just happy he is eating something. I know syringe feeding him is likely to stress him out so much that he won't eat for himself for longer than if I just left it - but I also know that I can't leave it if he isn't eating at all.

Will have to get up very early tomorrow in case I need to syringe feed him before I go to work for 8.00 am. Trouble is it's dark at 6.30 am when I have to get up:( I am really hoping that a bunny buffet of tempting food he is not normally given will encourage him to eat for himself. I can give him some more metacam tomorrow too - the injection he was given today was supposed to last for 24 hours.

Faye looks worried too - she adores her husbun. She isn't eating as much as usual either, but she did that before when Furby was poorly and she was vet checked and there was nothing wrong with her so I am not too concerned. She is probably a little overweight so it won't do her any harm to go a couple of days with eating a bit less than usual.

oh karen how frustrating:( He and Faye though are the two sillies who'd rather hunch up and be cold and wet than inside their hutch warm and snug.
Did the vet give him zantac? Its what i had to keep lily on for two weeks after her last dental on head vets advice.
Id give you a bottle if id had one spare..im low very low on the stuff.....and Lilys back in the vet hospital after coming home thursday:(

ask the vet for some syrup....im sure we could all chip in for you.:wave:

its crazy how you can buy zantac pills over the counter but not the syrup:?

your little fella is such a sweetie and has such a sweet doting wife......nosey rubs for them both ..nommy vibes for furby and huge hugs for you hun xxx

Furby wouldn't eat any breakfast this morning and was out in his run on the cold concrete:(

I brought him inside and syringe fed him. He took some but we both ended up wearing a lot of it. I also gave him some metacam. Popped him in his nice snuggly litter tray full of hay and he promptly turned around and ran down the ramp into the cold run.

I had to go to work in a hurry so haven't been able to bring Furby with me. I think being shut in a carrier in a warm office would probably have done more harm than good but I do worry about not being at home to syringe feed him again. I do desperately need the money though after yesterday's vet bill and Sunday pay is good so part of me is pleased I am at work.

I don't have any metacam at home sadly but am hoping to be able to leave work while the shops are still open so I can get some pineapple juice as that has worked for Furby before.

Thank you all for the vibes - please keep them coming.

Furby wouldn't eat any breakfast this morning and was out in his run on the cold concrete:(

I brought him inside and syringe fed him. He took some but we both ended up wearing a lot of it. I also gave him some metacam. Popped him in his nice snuggly litter tray full of hay and he promptly turned around and ran down the ramp into the cold run.

I had to go to work in a hurry so haven't been able to bring Furby with me. I think being shut in a carrier in a warm office would probably have done more harm than good but I do worry about not being at home to syringe feed him again. I do desperately need the money though after yesterday's vet bill and Sunday pay is good so part of me is pleased I am at work.

I don't have any metacam at home sadly but am hoping to be able to leave work while the shops are still open so I can get some pineapple juice as that has worked for Furby before.

Thank you all for the vibes - please keep them coming.

Hope he is feeling better by the time you get home. I would call the vets first thing tomorrow and see if you can have metacam and metaclop....I don;t have any floating around or I;d bring some over.

Hope he is feeling better by the time you get home. I would call the vets first thing tomorrow and see if you can have metacam and metaclop....I don;t have any floating around or I;d bring some over.

I already have metcam and can order some more from VETUK as I had a repeat prescription. Don't have any metaclop though:( Just wish the end of the month would hurry up so I would get my redundancy money. Can't use my bank account at the moment as am up to my overdraft limit.

Furby has eaten some spring greens and a piece of apple at tea time. He didn't eat a lot so I will syringe feed him again before bed. I have some M&S pears I can try him with too (a treat from a friend but I am sure he won't mind if I share them with a poorly bunny:))

Am hoping my own vet is back from his holiday tomorrow as he would let me have metaclop without having to take Furby back whereas I don't think the locum will and I am sure it was the stress of the vet visit that has contributed to Furby not wanting to eat. Being deaf it must make travelling and being in a strange place really scary, although Faye does her best to be his 'ears'.

I just wish he would snuggle in the warm but every time I put him in either litter tray - one has hay and the other shredded paper - he just jumps out and down his ramp to the cold concrete of the run:(

I just want my gorgeous little fur ball to start nomming again. I am home all this week at the moment though - no work at all - so at least I can check on him regularly.

I wonder what the attraction of the cold concrete is? :?

Keeping up vibes for gorgeous Furby. Is Faye coping OK with him being poorly?

Back