• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone around? Am on Smudge watch.

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
He's not eating, he was a few hours ago so I expect it will pass soon but I daren't go to sleep until he eats something.

I'm bored :p

I tell you he has SUCH an array of food. Nutmeg doesn't know where to start. Dandelion, plantain, artichoke leaves, brambles, apple leaves, oat, wheat and barley hay, Timothy hay, readigrass, willow leaves...

Something must take his fancy soon!!

I'm about as I'm on holiday in Mexico :D

I'm worried sick about my bunnies even though I know they are in excellent hands and I've been getting text updates!

Hi :wave:
Hope smudge starts eating soon. It's very worrying when they refuse to eat..hope it doesn't result in a rather expensive vet trip!

Bloody bunnies. :roll:

I'm a little more concerned than usual when he does this because I thought I had half a bottle of metacam and I had about 0.2ml :roll: The dose he ought to have is 0.6. Normally my vet is happy for me to give him the meds and leave it to the morning but that's on the assumption he's had 0.6ml. So I may be off to the emergency vets yet!

I'm a little more concerned than usual when he does this because I thought I had half a bottle of metacam and I had about 0.2ml :roll: The dose he ought to have is 0.6. Normally my vet is happy for me to give him the meds and leave it to the morning but that's on the assumption he's had 0.6ml. So I may be off to the emergency vets yet!

>_< hope he eats soon

I take it that he does this frequently? They do love to worry us!!

Bloody typical it happens when you are nearly out of metacam. Come on Smudge!! Eat some of that lovely grub!

I take it that he does this frequently? They do love to worry us!!

Bloody typical it happens when you are nearly out of metacam. Come on Smudge!! Eat some of that lovely grub!

Yeah once or twice a year. Something sets it off but we don't know what. He's a very stressy bunny and I think last time it was due to something falling off the desk and making a noise. No idea what it could be this time.

Just been up to see him and he's still not eating but gave his tum another rub and it feels a lot more normal, it felt quite firm earlier, so hopefully that's a good sign. Been shooing him round the room as well to get him moving a bit.

Least I'm getting some knitting done!

Thanks, unfortunately still no change. He's normally starting to come out of it by now. :(

Trouble is sometimes bundling him in the carrier and then the journey makes him worse. He absolutely hates car journeys. I've managed to get another 0.2ml out of the metacam bottle and given him that so he's had about 0.4 now. I'm kicking myself because I was down in Maidstone the other week, could've easily picked some up.

He was definitely eating at 8 and has pooed since. I changed their boxes about that time and swept the room and there were a pile of small poos by him at about 11.

Will we how he is in an hour.

Can't be sure but don't think so.

Vets open in about three hours. If I take him to the emergency I'll only be back down there again to go to Trinity. Mark's words to me when he said to keep meds at home for him were to give him the meds and bring him in if he still wasn't right in the morning, save the stress of additional trips.

I can't loose another one, I can't.

He's going to be the death of me. He's just taken about seven or eight pellets. I went up and he was more alert and active, hopped over to the gate when he saw me. Took a few pellets and then refused them again. Possibly because of Nutmeg, she gets extremely excited and if he's feeling rough I think it's too much for him. But I daren't remove him and half the time I can't remove Nutmeg :roll: I think he's also pooped as he's been sitting in the dog bed most of the time and now there's some poops in there.

If he's still eating like this at eight there is no point me taking him down to Maidstone, it'll just set him back and he's liable to stop eating anything. I will ask them if I can pick up some metacam though and see if they want him on any other meds.

Back