• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RSPCS minimun standards

yamazumi

Warren Scout
Does anyone have a link to where the RSPCA officially say their minimum recommended standards for cage sizes? I need them for Uni research but searched through their pet care links and nothing actually says how big cages should be for different animals... how can they expect people to house their pets correctly when they simply say they need a large cage? One persons idea of large can vary a lot to someone else's!

this contains the most information they provide as an organisation, although you might get something more specific from an individual branch.

It says somewhere in there that they should be publishing official guidelines at the end of this year but I'm not sure that's all still on schedule.

Since my work doesn't have to be in til March, hopefully they'll have published it by then!

I did consider ringing up branches in my area but I realise it varies. Think I'm probably better of waiting for some official standards.

Yeah the RSPCA have no official minimum, it's RWA that do. My local RSPCA requires 6x2x3 hutch. I also think the blue cross officially recommend a 6foot minimum.

Back