• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions of reasonable charges for bonding?

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
My finances are a bit dire at the moment. Have been working much fewer hours as my depression became worst and I also had to switch medication which made me quite tearful. I have now taken redundancy from my main job and am working my notice - but am permitted to work this from home. I have no job to go to, although I am a self employed counsellor and also do some as and when work for a sexual assault referral centre. My redundancy pay will only clear my overdraft and loan.

I am therefore home a lot and when I do work, I can choose my hours. As I have done a fair bit of bonding I thought I would start offering this as a service. I bond in my bedroom which has wooden floorboards so is easy to clean and is a room where my own bunnies and cats never go but it does mean I can bond in reasonable comfort.

I have bonded numerous pairs, a six and a quad - mainly my own buns but did a pair for someone on this forum (whose name escapes me) and have just bonded Marnie and Maurice for Bluesmum. I have had two unsuccessful bonds with the same bun (Hovis), where he bit and drew blood so the bond had to be stopped.

I have had a couple of enquiries but have absolutely no idea what to charge. I want to be fair and reasonable and intend to put the money aside towards my buns' vaccinations.

Suggestions of reasonable charges, particularly from rescues who offer or who used to offer this service, would be appreciated.

No idea on charges, but do get a disclaimer drawn up re any accidental injuries/subsequent Vet fees etc that will be legally binding. Whilst ideally no-one should blame you if a bonding injury were to occur I would not leave anything to chance

Good Luck :)

Hi :wave:
When I looked into having Bear and Alice bonded I found a boarder who charged.
She was charging £3 a night boarding fee for each bun, £25 for the bond and then another £25 if it was successful.
Hope that helps.

Hi Hun,

Sorry to hear you have been poorly...i hope you are feeling better.

I personally wouldnt have a clue how much to charge for bonding (sorry)...but just wanted to say i think it's a great idea and wish you all the best with it x

What a wonderful service to offer.

I've no idea what you should charge. A daily rate would be best though as who is to know how long each bonding will take. Bear in mind how intensive timewise it can be.......................and stress wise!!

Best of luck.:thumb:

Back