• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is he now scared of my dog?

XxLeanne

Warren Scout
Normally my dog jess likes to watch Joey in the 'grass run' an additional separate run I have on the grass so they can have grazing time, Elvis was here when we got her so she pays no attention to him at all lol

However the other day a big mistake happened, I had taken elvis out the run by a little side door it has and when I put Joey in it I used the big door completely forgetting the little door was open (even after moving the run :/ ). Joey escaped and the two dogs licked him to death before my parents could grab him.

Well I just put Joey in the grass run again and jess (my dog) went over to say hi and he jumped at her with his front feet then kicked at her with his back feet... She is a sensitive dog and this upset her lol

He did then go into a binky routine when she left so did she just get caught up in that or does he hate her and see her as a threat?

I should probally add before that incident he used to try and put his head through the mesh to the dogs which he does to me too meaning he wants head rubs so Im guessing he liked them then lol

Last edited:
I hope so because otherwise he can't go on the run in the grass if it scares him and thats his favorite thing :( he's never done that to her before normally he is the one trying to get to her

And they're not mixed, it's not possible to stop the dogs going up to the run and seeing through the mesh :/ they arnt running around the garden all free range with eachother.

Dogs and rabbits shouldn't ever be mixed.

Seems like it was a complete accident and that usually the rabbit and dogs wouldn't be allowed to mix...

Not particularly helpful to tell her they shouldn't be mixed when it wasn't intentional and has already happened.

Seems like it was a complete accident and that usually the rabbit and dogs wouldn't be allowed to mix...

Not particularly helpful to tell her they shouldn't be mixed when it wasn't intentional and has already happened.

:thumb: :thumb:

Hope Joey settles down soon and isn't scared of the dogs next time OP :wave:

Back