• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent!!! Rabbit has Diarrhea??????

LilRabbit25

Warren Scout
I am so worried since yesterday morning i've spotted a few weird looking patches of something brown in my rabbit's cage. Also, now when he jumped out from his cage he left some kind of wettish stuff behind while hopping in the shape of his back feet. He doesn't have any spoiled fur near his tail but the patches look like pee.... here, some photos:

photo_zps2f55431f.jpg

photocopy_zps24b975d7.jpg

By the way, the place with the most patches is near his water bowl and I've seen him stand with his front feet in it a few times - but this wouldn't explain the brown colour.

it doesnt look like poop to me. I think he has either decided to start weeing there (how old is he?) or he has got dirty feet, stood in the water bowl and walked it around. Does he have outside access at all and are his feet dirty?

How is he in himself? Is he eating, drinking and is there any "normal" poo's?

He's acting completely normal and yes there are normal poos, eating normal - drinking lots though. The only weird thing is that it looks like he's started suddenly peeing in places and outside of his cage where he never has. He's also drinking more but the temperature has gotten slightly warmer. I really have no idea what's going on.

If you are at all worried about anything then I would take him to the vets for a check up.
My bunny Patch started drinking more a couple of months ago but was fine in himself, I took him to the vets and had a urine and blood test just to rule out kidney problems, he was fine, but it is always best to get things checked and caught early. The earlier somthing is caught then generally the more likely for treatment to work (and the lower the vet bills if the bun is not insured!!)

He's acting completely normal and yes there are normal poos, eating normal - drinking lots though. The only weird thing is that it looks like he's started suddenly peeing in places and outside of his cage where he never has. He's also drinking more but the temperature has gotten slightly warmer. I really have no idea what's going on.

Sounds just like my Barnaby, we had to stop him going on the couch at night as he liked to sleep on it but it would be covered in pee the next morning. He's now being treated for a UTI after a trip to the vets.

Back