• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's supposed to be Spring!

Lobo

Mama Doe
This morning's beautiful Spring day.:shock:

DSCF2558CR_zpsa33fb3d3.jpg

DSCF2564CR_zpsebc5fa99.jpg

DSCF2562CR_zps5f0893b1.jpg

DSCF2566CR_zps63a17295.jpg

DSCF2559CR_zpsf82badb7.jpg

DSCF2556CR_zps8d05b617.jpg

It certainly does snow in some parts of Australia, there are a few ski fields.

The birds are Crimson Rosella parrots native to the cooler climates of the ranges. I felt sorry for them as I have been watching them moult out their winter feathers over the past couple of weeks.

The snow only falls at higher altitude and we are 1,000 meters above sea level. This fall was 15cms but heavy falls only occur about once a decade, although we do get lighter falls most winters.

In the U.K. your turn for snow won't be too far way.:)

It certainly does snow in some parts of Australia, there are a few ski fields.

The birds are Crimson Rosella parrots native to the cooler climates of the ranges. I felt sorry for them as I have been watching them moult out their winter feathers over the past couple of weeks.

The snow only falls at higher altitude and we are 1,000 meters above sea level. This fall was 15cms but heavy falls only occur about once a decade, although we do get lighter falls most winters.

In the U.K. your turn for snow won't be too far way.:)

I suppose it is just like us feeling sorry for birds when we get a late snow in March. And yes, it is getting colder here. I have been looking out my warmer clothes.

The birds really are beautiful. :love:

I knew it snowed in some parts of Australia but that is a lot of snow :shock: i I've always pictured just a bit sprinkling the ground. It's very beautiful though. We never get any snow here in Florida.

If you could send some of that to Brisbane in 3 weeks time I would be a happy camper :) Not looking forward to the heat when I get back home......

Back