• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Blind and deaf REW needs a very special home

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
Kareen at Fife Rabbit Rescue has a REW lop cross looking for a really special experienced home. As she is closing the rescue down, her enquiries for rabbits have dropped somewhat, so i thought i would appeal to you lovely people :D.

Stevie has been left needing a home since his owner sadly passed away :(. Stevie is about 4.5, and is deaf and very poorly sighted. As a result, he can be quite scared as he cannot hear/see you approach him. He also wriggles a bit when lifted as he does not know what is going on. Other than that he is a lovely boy, he just needs someone understanding.

He needs an experienced owner who will be able to help him with his struggles.

Stevie is neutered and has no other health problems. He travelled from Dumfries to Fife, and managed the journey ok, so he can probably travel within reason to the right home.

Please let me know if you can offer this lovely guy a home, thanks :D

Last edited:
He sounds wonderful, i promised myself i would allow my bunnies to naturally downsize, otherwise i would have this boy :love:

Oh bless him, I hope somebody can find some room for this gorgeous little man in their lives. :love::love:

How far could he travel?
I know someone who *might* be in a position to take him, but is in Norfolk

If he needs to come southwards, I'd be more than happy to help with part of a bunnyrun and can do an overnight stay if necessary.

Stevie sounds very much like my little Roo. He's a rew with poor eyesight, he's not deaf but I don't think his hearing is brilliant.

I hope Stevie finds his special home very soon.

How far could he travel?

Now, funny you should say that, as i am looking to make a trip to Norfolk at the end of Novemberish?? No dates confirmed, but it could in theory be done :D

If he needs to come southwards, I'd be more than happy to help with part of a bunnyrun and can do an overnight stay if necessary.

Stevie sounds very much like my little Roo. He's a rew with poor eyesight, he's not deaf but I don't think his hearing is brilliant.

I hope Stevie finds his special home very soon.

Thats kind, thank you :D

Now, funny you should say that, as i am looking to make a trip to Norfolk at the end of Novemberish?? No dates confirmed, but it could in theory be done :D
Hmmm, in that case I shall definitely make further enquiries... I can say no more but keep everything crossed for a positive!!!
I think piccies would help though ;):lol::lol:

Also is he an indoor or outdoor bunny at the moment?

I wish. Just thought photos might improve his chances of a new home.

I'm not financially, or emotionally in any position to offer further rabbits a home right now :(

Yes, I realised the reason for you asking for photos.
Sorry, I was just teasing you!:(
I, too, wish I was in a position (financially) to offer a home.

Hmmm, in that case I shall definitely make further enquiries... I can say no more but keep everything crossed for a positive!!!
I think piccies would help though ;):lol::lol:

Also is he an indoor or outdoor bunny at the moment?

I have requiested photo's :lol: they do always help.
I believe he was a house rabbit with his previous owner, but i would imagine he is outdoors with Kareen :D

How far could he travel?

I am guessing this was aimed at me considering the text I got from Angela this morning :lol:. After having Archie put to sleep I am now down to only the 1 bunny BUT I decided not to get another one to go with her as i have no idea how old she is and was going to just stick with piggies from now on. Now you have got me feeling guilty because i know I could offer this bunny a good home and my heart wants to say yes but my head is telling me otherwise. Unfortunatly as I am off to france tomorow for a few days I am not in a position to be able to afford an adoption fee for another bunny anyway so I can't help on this occasion. I will however ask around to see if I can find someone that will help :)

I am guessing this was aimed at me considering the text I got from Angela this morning :lol:. After having Archie put to sleep I am now down to only the 1 bunny BUT I decided not to get another one to go with her as i have no idea how old she is and was going to just stick with piggies from now on. Now you have got me feeling guilty because i know I could offer this bunny a good home and my heart wants to say yes but my head is telling me otherwise. Unfortunatly as I am off to france tomorow for a few days I am not in a position to be able to afford an adoption fee for another bunny anyway so I can't help on this occasion. I will however ask around to see if I can find someone that will help :)

I know what you mean, about deciding no more, i am letting my numbers go down naturally, and much as i would love this boy, i need to be sensible :(. Have fun in France, and if you change your mind, let me know :D.

Back